Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm A Yankee Doodle Dandy!!

Oh My Gosh! He turned out so cute, I just couldn't wait to share. As promised, I went on my lunch hour today, and found the perfect hat and bow tie for my Cactus. He is now ready for the 4th of July, and is convinced he is a Yankee Doodle Dandy. The neighbors were out walking their dogs tonight and just had a fit. They want to try it on their cactus also. Take a look at him now. There are no plain stickers only left on this guy.















Then when I got through with Yankee I had to dress up the tree face also. He was mighty upset at the thought he was going to get upstaged, so here he his. He is all dressed for the party don't you think?








Here is another find that I found today. I was browsing through my neighborhood Big Lots store (I love that store), and look what I found to finish off the front of the house: I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. It was just the final touch I needed.








Below are a couple of more pictures that I took. I added a couple of other things to the yard tonight, and I just had to share. This little guy stands at the end of the sidewalk and greets guests, so I felt he needed a bowtie too.

And lastly I added this wind sock that I found to the tree. I thought they were just so patriotic and can blow in the wind. Party City had their 4th of July supplies 30% off, so I found quite a few things for a really good deal.

I hope you've had as much fun visiting tonight as I did putting the decorations up. The biggest is yet to come when I start on the backyard. I will be starting on that tomorrow and Friday to get finished in time for the party. I hope you'll stop back by and see what other tricks I have in store for decorating for the 4th of July. As always thank you for sharing your time with me in my little place in the desert that I call heaven. Come back soon. "Country Hugs", Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment