Tuesday, July 21, 2009

CHA Show Jewelry Part Deux!

Moulin Rouge Set Copyright 2009 Margot Potter


Hello Love Muffins!

I created one more parure and a bracelet to match my Moulin Rouge set. C'est tres mignon, mais oui? I've always been a big fan of the design work in the Sundance catalog by designers like Jess Maharry. This is my paean to that assymetrical, organic, rough hewn aesthetic reinterpreted in vintage and new plastic (and a lone lava rock heart.) I knotted the beads on Irish waxed linen again and used anodized steel wire to make a hook and eye clasp. (Design tip: anodized steel will wreck your wire cutters, so use Memory wire shears to cut it.) I've been showing folks how to make these since my first book, it's so easy to make your own findings! The 'memento mori' charm was created by the talented Melanie Brooks of Earthenwood Studio. I added a distressed organza bow accent to the necklace. Now it's perfecto! But where did I put that jaunty red beret...

Mariposa Parure Copyright 2009 Margot Potter

Then...there is the butterfly necklace. These vintage plastic butterfly components are absolutely amazing and as light as a feather. They're made to be set with rhinestones, but I used CRYSTALLIZED™-Swarovski Elements flat backs in crystal a/b with Beadalon BeadFix adhesive gel. I just filled each setting with a dab of the glue and hand set each crystal. (When working with AB finish, make sure you test your glue. Super glue will take the finish off of your crystals.)

I can not tell you where I found these components...but hopefully I'll be able to share them with you soon. We're working on e-commerce for my website. I've been slowly amassing fabulous vintage goodies and I'm really looking forward to sharing them with you!

You may be asking yourself...is Madge nakey in this picture?

I'll never tell.

Tee hee.

xoxo
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment