Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bowing Before Mother Earth!

5th June,2010
Saturday
Dear Friends,
      Good Evening from Thrissur!
     It is very cloudy and Thrissur expects heavy rain!Happy Enviornment Day to all of you and me!A day of hectic activities taking care of greens and water!It is a day to arouse awareness about the importance of nature  and how to live eco-friendly!If we enjoy the flora and fauna today we must be grateful to our ancestors!
''There is always music amongst the trees in the garden but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it''.

In my ancestoral home in the village a huge part of the landed property was jungle.There were various trees,shrubs,climbers and creepers!We had natural swings!The jungle gave shelter to many birds,snakes,mongoose and other insects!We worship snakes.We have Nagaraja Temple in our compound.Love  for nature was inculcated right from the childhood!The flowers attracted butterflies and birds!We sat and studied on the trunks of the mango trees!The vast landed property consisted of mango trees,coconut trees,cashew trees and jackfruit trees!I fondly cherish my childhood!There were two wells and two ponds!We had a lot of time to spend  with nature!It was so beautiful and amazing!There were cows and buffaloes!Love for animals was inculcated from such a young age.
I remember the hens and chicks!We had nadumuttum[the small courtyard inside the house].So from very early we started enjoying the rains.How precious water is!Nature is God's gift to us!
I saw ducks in the fields of Andathode for the first time;I hope by this time you know Andathode in Thrissur district is my Achan's place.The nature and people are the best in Andathode!I still remember the lovely green fileds,the water filled parts[chira],the sea and the sea shore!Looking at the rising waves I screamed and ran back!And now I wake up to the beautiful sea!I say goodnight to the calm waves through my glass window!I live in a land whe every half an hour drive reaches me the beaches!:)

World Enviornment Day marks the continuous struggle between Mother Earth and man.Let us do our part however small it may be!Take care of the leaking taps,close the running taps and switch off your pc soon after use!Enjoy the smell of the wet mud;it is wonderful!Listen to the chirping of birds!Take time to run after the butterflies and dragonflies!Walk amidst the paddy fileds enjoying the cool breeze!Make a graden and let the flowers smile and greet you daily morning!Life will be filled with positive and loving thoughts!

''We say we love flowers,yet we pluck them.We say we love trees,yet we cut them down.And people still wonder why  some are afraid when told they are loved''.
my friends are kind enough to send me photos of enchanting Kerala!Pictures are perfect and they will speak the rest!:)The mesmerising photos of God's Own Country!Enjoy!Let us save the greenery for the forthcoming generation!
Friends,
''How glorious a greeting the Sun gives the mountains''!
Daily I spend sometime in my garden and the flowers and butterflies smile at me!A cool breeze welcomes me blowing softly brushing my cheeks!
    Be kind hearted and be considerate.Live and let live!Plant a sapling and let there be millions of green umbrellas above Mother Earth!The priceless gift that we can offer to nature!Go green and let us create a more beautiful world to live in.
It's Anu signing off........
When the night is getting darker,
When the moon plays hide and seek among the dark clouds,
While enjoying the cool breeze coming through the window,
I would like to sing,''Manjakiliyude,manjakiliyudee moolipattunde,manassinullinullil..............''[there is the song of the yellow bird in my mind]...............Will you repeat after me?:)
Remember,Anu thinks of you and loves you dil se...............
Wishing you a beautiful greener future,
                                                 Sasneham,
                                                         Anu

No comments:

Post a Comment