Friday, June 25, 2010

DREAMING FOR A DRUG-FREE WORLD!


25th,June 2010
Friday
Dear Friends,
             Good Evening!
Rainy days are here again!But then we get occasional sunlight,so life is cool!I thank everyone of you who offered me your friendship and I value your friendship as priceless!The kind and generous words inspire me a lot!As a blogger,when I have a platform to express my true feelings,share my thoughts and dreams,I strongly believe,I have a responsibility towards society.I dream of a society where there is unity, peace,happiness,harmony and health prevail hand in hand!The young generation can do a lot for developing a better nation.
 June 26th is celebrated as Anti-Drugs Day by UNO.It is the officicial UN international Day for Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime[UNODC]leads the imternational campaign which runs from 2007-2009,is to inspire people and mobilize support for drug control!In 1987,the UN General Assembly decided to observe 26th,June as the International Day Against Drug Abuse and Iliicit Trafficking as an expression of its determination to strengthen action and cooperation to achieve the goal of an international society free of drug abuse.
I live in a society where drugs are easily available along with drinks.I know a survivor who is leading a family life abroad.But then he was given the right treatment at right time.As a counsellor I have taken interest in knowing the root causes for becoming victims to drugs.I have heard about marijuana,cocane and LSD.Parenting becomes challenging.Parents have great influence on their teens.They must take time to protect their teens from this dangerous addiction.We have only one life to live and let us don't mess it up.so,don't,''choose the booze''.
I may not be knowing you,my dear!But,I want to tell you,I DO CARE FOR YOU!you are in my thoughts and prayers!I have time to spend with you.You mean a lot to me.
Have you ever come across the frightening facts of the lives that have been shattered by using drugs?
The destructive effects of using drugs should be stressed in daily conversations.The people those who use drugs are more likely to engage in violent behaviour,stealing and join other gangs.Let us teach them to say,''I'm too good for drugs''.
The individual,family and society,
Are destroyed and spoiled forever!
The young generation use drugs in more numbers!
Self esteem is often low at this age,
Unaware of the health-risks involved,
Youngsters become the addicts!
Peer pressure may be a strong reason,
To experiment with illicit drugs!
lack of communication with parents and siblings,
The hectic life style of parents,
Lack of understanding the cause of sorrows,
The wrong selection of friends,
The computers to cellphones to i-podes,
The fast-paced culture and life style,
The stressful events and tiring situations,
Lack of awareness about the coping mechanisms
Are a few reasons to spoil a precious life!
There is no end to the long list.
Let us be careful right from now,
About the drugged,drunken state of teens,
A conversation over time is a good step,
Showing that parents do love and take care!
Take time to bridge the gap between teens and you!
Helping the teens to live a dignified life,
In a harmonious and happy society,
By mending the broken hearts,
With lots of love,care and concern!
Let us help them to forget the dark nights,
And help to see the light at the other end.
I request all of you,friends,
Say NO to drugs and drinks,
You are so dear to me and to your people!:)
Friends,
  We must make the youth aware of the dangerous consequences of using drugs.''You don't need heroin to be a hero''.Let us be the part of a movement that work for a drug free society.No more lives should be shattered.Spirituality and religion will help the addicts to recover their normal life.
Remembering Michael Jackson on his first death anniversary who was the king of pop,entertainer and the bundle of talents did a lot bringing awareness about the terrific consequences of using drugs.So many popular personalities have talked about the same repeatedly.The values of healthy drug free life style should be spread wide.seminars,walks,group talks ,talk shows on television channels will be held.Friends,do something to help the teens .
It's Anu signing off............
Feeling the pain of those who have become the addicts,
Willing to wipe away the tears,
Assuring you,I will not let you fall,
Promising you,you will never be alone,
Together let us walk the long paths of life,
Reminding Anu loves  you dil se,
Requesting you to support a noble cause,
 Dreaming of a drug-free world,
                                           Sasneham,
                                                     Anu


No comments:

Post a Comment