Friday, June 11, 2010

THE GREAT KICK OFF! 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP!

11th,June,2010                                                                                    
Friday
Dear Friends,
  Good Morning!
Kick off begins today!As Nelson Mandela said,''The world cup is not just mere match;it  represents the power of football that can unite people irrespective of race,politics and religion''!Thirty two teams,thirty two coaches,seven hundred players,thirty one days and nights,sixty four matches.........semifinals are on 6th and 7th of July.And the finals on July 11th!Football fever has spread whole of Thrissur!Most of my people and friends are so excited about the match!My cousin and son already left for Johannes Burg!The son represented Chennai under sixteen and his ambition is to become a football player!:)No wonder, football is in his blood.His grandpa is the founder of the popular football club and many players were employed in his company.It is a popular club now.Along with sun,sand,dance and feni,people breathe football too!That is the spirit!And I live among them!:)So,even if football is not my cup of tea,I am trying to serve you,each one of you ,a hot cuppa of football tea!It's raining heavily today.
Hope most of you know God is kind to me by giving an accomodation that faces the beautiful sea!I wake up to the calm waves and say good night to the colourful magnificient sea!
The backside of my flat faces the huge football ground and we watch the games sitting on the staircase!Oh,yes,this portuguese time building has two staircases!All the events,musical shows,matches are held in this ground.
I always enjoyed the warming up exersises of the players;the long strenuous practices always inspired me!I always used to admire and appreciateI.M.Vijayan, who is the world famous football player and belongs to Thrissur!I take this occasion to pay homage to the departed soul of late Shree.Pappachan,the popular football player!I used to enjoy the reviews of matches by the famous sports journalist-late Vimsee;he used to write in Mathrubhumi newspaper!
Football players teach us great values of getting up even after  falling.''United we stand divided we fall!''
Lots of happenings,welcome songs,decorations,predictions,flying balloons and what not!Rains will not be a hindrance for watching the match in groups on big screens kept in shops.
I love knowing more about the players,their life style an their beginnings. I get excited about the pass and goals.And I always like the goalkeepers and feel their tensions.
I never knew I will be a writing a post on FIFA2010.But then when you all are gearing up to view the great kick off,I want to let you know I am also with you.:)I love the bright colourful jersey!
  The 2010 FIFA world cup will be the 19th one.This will be for the first time hosted by an African nation.It begins with lots of colour and noise with glamour.
There are two matches  scheduled for the first day of the 19th FIFA world cup,today.The opening match will be between the hostSouth Africa and Mexico.In match number two,France and Uruguay will go head on.
Friends,
We learn the teamspirit,togetherness,the will to win and hardwork from this popular game.I enjoy village children making clubs and play the game.It is fun watching the spirit in them.It is the time to enjoy and support the team which plays well.
Here is the FIFA calendar for you!It's Anu signing off....
Thrissur is drenched in rain,
But the rain will not put off,
The fire that  is spread,,
What do you think?
This is Thrissur, where the love is deep for the game,
And even young kids are in high spirits!
Wishing all of you a very happy viewing of FIFA,2010,
Reminding you Anu loves all of you,
                          Sasneham,
                                Anu

No comments:

Post a Comment