Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Our Regularly Scheduled Program Has Been Moved

Sneak Peek...Shhhh...


My regularly scheduled Teen Craft post for ILoveToCreate has been permanently moved to Wednesdays. Please mark your calendars accordingly. Don't forget to tune in tomorrow when guest crafter and teen style expert Avalon Potter shares her super deluxe tricked out Converse All Stars low tops using Tulip Fashion Graffiti products and Glam it up crystals!

I've got six more core projects to create for the new book and then I have to make 15 variations. I've been working on the tedious and dreaded instructions in between projects so I can get ahead of the curve. These designs are complex and navigating the instructions has proved frustrating. Making a book is an absurd amount of work. It's an almost overwhelming task making design prototypes and fine tuning them, writing instructions, creating romance copy, planning the front material, preparing samples for the step by step photo shoot. I think it's fascinating when people leave snarky reviews dismissing a book you've created. If they had any idea how much blood, sweat and tears go into making a book, perhaps they'd think twice before being so lame. But you know, it's far easier to sit on your fanny and criticize others than it is to put yourself out there for scrutiny. I always ask them to feel free to show me their book when it comes out...har har. Those who can, do. Those who can't, become critics. Though to add a caveat, a good critic who can write a well constructed and thoughtful criticism, is a rare creature and one to be respected.

Lots of straw to spin here, so I must away! I'll be back tomorrow!

Love
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment