Saturday, June 19, 2010

THE DAYS WHICH SMELL CHANDANAM[SANDAL].................

19th,June,2010!
Saturday

Dear Friends,
Good Evening!                                                                                                                                                                    
It was  Muppettu Thursday-the first Thursday of Malayalam month,Mithunam!An auspicious day for Hindus and they don't miss having darshan of Lord Krishna!Now as I am in Thrissur with Amma,I could not go to Shree Krishna Temple,Guruvayoor and hence I went to Thiruvambadi Krishna Temple,Thrissur!There was so much rush as devotees make it a must have darshan of Kannan on this day!Balagopaln looks so cute ,divine,magnificient and enchanting!Garlands of tulsi leaves and thechi flowers adorned Krishna!As it was  Shashti,milk abhhishekam was offered continuously to Lord Murukan!I pluck karpoora thuslsi and Krishna tulsi leaves daily from the garden for daily pooja.The whole atmosphere was so sacred and refreshing! The ambience was really soothing to mind and body!
After a long time, I saw white lotus on  Lord Ganesh and Lord Hanuman!There was red lotus too!We were given prasadam on plantain leaf!The fragrance of sandalwood  paste,kumkum and turmeric  with lots of flowers from the Lotus Feet of Kannan still remains with me!I love applying chandanam [sandalwood paste] on my forehead in between eyebrows !That is the spot!
I felt so happy when I  saw the temple elephant!I was in a real jovial mood and started asking the elphant,''What is your name?''That was a loud question and the man walking infront of me turned back and gave me  a surprised look; He might have  wondered a lady had guts to ask his name in public!:) I felt so embarassed.The elephant was swaying her trunk to and fro.I wanted to know the name and asked the mayhout.He told,''Lakshmi''!I called her,''Lakshmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii' '' so sweetly and she was moving her huge ears as if she were listening to me!I  was smiling at her.Whenever I see elephants,I feel like talking to them!:)I love elephants and my village house is near Punnathur Kotta,the elephant resort of sixtyfive elephants!:)Have you ever seen so many elephants together?If not next time when you plan your religious trip to Gurupavanapuri,please do visit Punnathur Kotta too!Before it became the famous elephant resort,me and Nanda used to go to college walking through this palace ground!And there,someone used to wait for me in the evenings while coming back from my college!:)Without exchanging a single word,the college days evenings were colourful due to the waitings!Hey but it is natural ,nah?:)A smile used to bloom only in my heart![A village girl from an aristocratic family was [is] supposed to behave properly!]:)So no guys,no second looks that give you sleepless nights!Pretend normal!
The problem is the Alice in me awakes anytime and I land up in wonderland.I forget the surroundings and people.Whenever I go to city,the huge colourful flex boards and the smart cheerful players seek my undivided attention.Then I start chatting with them;''Nothing to worry,you will make it! Golden goal will be yours!''u will win the cup! But the problem is I tell the same thing to all of them.:)And I share Maradona's stress.He has a powerful rosary in his hand..Sincere prayers will be heard with hard work.So,let us wait and watch!But then all are praying honestly and are playing so well.Argentina played so well and Messi,you are the real star!You made all the great passes that led to the goals!
We had rains and sunshine today! Yesterday I had been to an organisation and was happy to see the staff in light green saree and blouse.They reminded me of my college days.We had three types of uniform in Little Flower College.On Mondays we wore white saree and blue blouse,on Tuesdays and W ednesdays,light green saree and dark green blouse. On Thursdays and Fridays we wore light pink saree and meroon blouse.
The girls who wear blue long skirt and white blouse  go walking to school daily.they are from St.Ann's School.We also had the same uniform in school.

I had been to Thenjithukavu Devi Temple,Ayyanthole on Tuesday!It was my first visit to this temple.The Goddess is in the form of Bhadrakali holding thrishul!Dozens of bangles were tied to strings and offered to Devi!It is  an offering seeking blessings to get married!The colourful glass bangles were looking so beautiful!The small cradles were also hung;that could be for the blessing of a baby!There are no upadevathas and so we can pray fast.Bhagaval Seva was going on and I could attend that.That was at night after deeparadhana.Whenever I reach a new temple I clear my doubts with the poojaris[priests] or old devotees with whom I feel comfortable.I interact and collect the information!The temple employees also help me in getting information!This temple has very peaceful and silent atmosphere!We can pray standing very close to the Deity!
Friends,my days and twilights smell chandanam and they give me the cool and refreshing feelings!:)Simply wonderful and amazing!A divine soothing positive energy flows....................hope and pray they reach you too!:)As and when possible never miss an opportunity to visit a temple and have the divine darshan of God/Goddess!As Nanda tells me,''this is a golden opportunity!''This is the way she makes me wake up early in the morning!:)I really miss my morning visits to temples!
                           And today being Muppettu Saturday I was at Kottappuram Shiva Temple.We offer Neeranjana vilakku and tildeepam to Lord Ayyappa!Keeping tildeepam in the two halves of broken coconut!There were many devotees!The main Prathishta is that of Lord Shiva and Lord Ganesh,Lord Ayyappa  and Nagaraja  are upadevatas.Ghee and oil are offered to Lord Shiva and Lord Ganesh.
I was wearing mundum vesthi,the traditional two piece wear to the temples.:)
Ceratin moments live forever in our soul!The moments I spend in different temples top the list!:)
Puzhakkal fields are full of water!The canal around the fileds is filled now with water and is ready for the tourists to have a boat ride!It's an amazing sight!

''If your eyes are positive you would like all the people in the world;
But if your tongue is positive all the people in the world like you!''
So.dearies,let us start working on this!:)
Please enjoy the song dedicated to Lord Krishna!This is from the famous movie Dasavatharam[Tamil]where Kamala hasan has played ten roles!I love this song,''Mukunda,Mukunda............''
Btween,I am strongly recommended Ravan,the new release by ManiRatnam,the popular Tamil director as Rains have been so beautifully picturised in the movie!The location of Athirappally waterfalls,Kerala is stunning!I believe Tamil version is much better than Hindi;But you can't come all the way to Thrissur to accompany me to be with Ravan,nah?:(
It's Anu Signing off...............
Ek pal bhi teri yaad dil se jati nahim!
Aisa kyon hota hain mere yaar?
Pana  chahe tha tune bhi tere saath har pal,
Per kya karu ye ho nahim sakta!
Kyom ki mein paas hoke bhi dur hoon!
Shyaad thodi si kamzor hoon!:)
Wishing you a wonderful Sunday,
Happy viwing of FIFA matches,
But reminding Anu loves all of you dil se,
And requesting to feel the cool refreshing showers of sincerely yours,
                                                             Sasneham,
                                                                        Anu

No comments:

Post a Comment