Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Pink Mother's Day Saturday

Good morning "Pinkies" and welcome to my Pink Saturday post. As always, please thank the beautiful Ms Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for organizing and hosting this fabulous event, each and every Saturday. Please remember to go and check out her blog, and see the complete list of Pink Saturday "Pinkie" participants, and take the time to go and visit some of them. You will find the pinkest of "Pinkies" right here at Pink Saturday.









Today is a Pink Tribute to Mother's Day. I hope you enjoy your stroll with me.  Can you smell the fragrance as we stroll past this window? I love the pink roses. There are many here to share today.















Look at Moma's Pink roses. She always wears flowers of some sort for Mother's Day.  I can still smell her sweet fragrance. I always thought it was cologne, Moma said it was her soap, we were not to waste money on frivolous items. (I often wonder whatever happened to those cheap bottles of perfume that we all purchased with our pennies at Christmas? Do you remember those too?)

















I remember cuddling with my Moma.  It was such a safe place to be.  No harm could come to me when I was cradled in Moma's sweet arms.  Nope, there was nobody that could come between Moma when she was cradling one of us, wiping away a tear, and telling us it would be okay.  Even after a long day at work, she had time for one more Moma duty.



















Isn't she beautiful? I would say she looks like what my Grandma would have looked like at a young age. I love this vintage era. I have always been told that I have an old soul. Maybe I do? Love the rose and the look on her face. So angelic.














I love this Moma's pink tinged skin. She has such a rosy complexion. Looking at her lipstick, makes me think back of times as a young girl, I loved watching Moma put her lipstick on. She always looked like a beautiful lady from the movies. Yep, I was going to grow up and wear lots of lipsticks, always pink.  I laugh today, as I put my lipstick on, thinking back to Moma and standing in the doorway watching, as she so carefully put her lipstick on each and every day. When I go home to visit, I still love watching her put it on today. I love you Moma.













This is one of my favorite photos of Moma. (I have always loved seeing her and Daddy together.) Moma you are so beautiful. If we only had time for tea? Just you and me? I love you, Your Baby Girl, Sherry











As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert, that I so love to call home. Thank you for spending my Pink Mother's Day Saturday with me. I thank all of you for your kind words and prayers. Hopefully my test results will help the Dr.s in finding the answer to my sickness. I hope to make rounds to visit again soon. I so miss blogging with each of you. Country hugs and much love...













post signature














No comments:

Post a Comment