Monday, May 10, 2010

Madge's Monday Musings

I had a lovely Mother's Day with my family. I was treated to breakfast in bed with mimosas and a huge, warm, gooey, sticky cinnamon bun. Talk about a sugar rush! Yum! It felt good to unplug and be with my family. I really needed that.

I was starting to feel overwhelmed. It's easy to feel that way when you do as many things in one day as I do and you have so many people contacting you, pulling at you, watching you. Sometimes I think I'm paranoid, until weeks like last week. Is it just me, or is it really weird when people you barely know from your industry start 'friending' your old friends from college and High School on social networking sites? It just starts to feel like you're being stalked. Insert Alfred Hitchcock Psycho music here.

I'm all for the fine art of shameless self promotion, but there have to be some limits. If you don't actually know my old friends, perhaps you should ask for an introduction first before you arbitrarily friend them and start leaving personal messages on their walls. I mean...back off a little, will ya?! Most of them could give three hoots about crafting, trust me.

So here it is, Monday, and I've got to get that spinning wheel greased up and dive back into that straw pile. Lots to do this week!

Here's a stylishly simple project I created for a manufacturer that didn't make their cut, but I quite like it. I called this one Fashionista. The pendant is from Auntie's Beads and the orange beads are actual sunstone, not the faux kind you usually find at bead stores. This one has a lovely earthy palette and I can't stop adding bows to everything these days. Bows and fabric flowers. I'm obviously feeling girly!

I'll be back tomorrow with a free teen craft project for ILoveToCreate! Until then...craft on with your bad selves.

Cheers,
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment