Sunday, May 23, 2010

When My Pavizhamalli Pookal Bloom Again.........


24,May,2010

Dear Friends,

Good Afternoon!

Fromthe missing feelings,I am back to the track!Thank you friends,for your moral support and prayers!I know how true your feelings are towards me.For the first time I did a guest post for Shravan-My Graveyard Of Own Thoughts as a part of the celebrations of completing his 150 posts and his 21st birthday.

It's rightly said,''Where flowers bloom,so does hope''.

Mornings are really peaceful and lovely in Thrissur.Here I follow Amma's timetable;so getting up early,finishing the routines,prayers and plucking flowers from the garden!that is the best part of the day!The thoughts grow and bloom on their own.the chirping birds,the smiling flowers,the cool and gentle breeze and the fresh air fill me with positive energy.There are flowers in different colours. I noticed,that the pavizamalli has bloomed again!There are plenty flowers on the plant.!They always attracted me right from childhood.I first saw them in my Achan's cousin's house in Andathode.The small white flowers with orange stem!So cute and with divine fragrance!They look like the stars of the sky!These tiny flowers will win your hearts,I am sure!:)The sweet scented flowers are small and attractive with white petals and an orange tube in center and bloom profusely at night and drop off in the morning!It's branches are rectangular and flowers are fragrant!

Ah!who can ignore the enchanting sight of the pavizhamalli pookal!I fail in words when I try to picture the sweetness,the charm and the divinity of these sweet smelling flowers,always smiling on the onlookers enabling them to forget the worldy worries,chaos,conflicts and confusions encircling them.When I see the butterflies approaching them to suck the honey hidden in them I get immersed in various spiritual thoughts and feelings!

I want to fill my hands with these lovely flowers,

When they bloom in the silence of night,

My heart melts and heart beats go faster!

Far away the stars have risen in the sky!

Somewhere at the farthest corner,

The sky is not blue in shade,

But it is grey in hue!

Does it lower my spirits?

No way,pavizhamalli pookal does the magic;

And I am so glad once again!

Let me make a beautiful garland,

The one that is woven of love!

My heart is sweet and enchanting today.

Before the raindrops touch the sand,

I want to gift it to you!
Pavzhamalli,the name itself is so poetic!I love this traditional Malayalam name!They are so delicate and they are full on the leaves and ground.You will admire the beautiful small white flowers;I am sure!They look divine;these flowers are offered to Gods in temples.Daily a white carpet welcomes you home!

There is a popular song in Malayalam,''Pavizhmalli poothulanja neela vanam''....[the blue sky bloomed with the pavizhamalli pookal.......]So beautiful the lines are.

Friends,each flower reminds us of someone dear to us.Rose for someone,Jasmine for another,Lotus for someone else,sunflower for someone far away,bougainvilla for someone who denies the fragrance to himself etc;right,nah?''Flowers are love's truest language''.

By the way,I forgot to tell you I had won a prize for flower arrangement competition held in the women'scollge I studied.:)I was the Arts Club Secretary.

Pavizhamalli pookal arouses the divine and soft feelings.They are known as Har Singar Flowers in Hindi.

These flowers have the elevating and refining influences on us.These silent influences are silently felt even by those who don't appreciate them.What a desolate place will be our house without flowers.Enjoy the pure ,undiluted and divine joy from God!Have the passion for the flowers!

Do you know,


''Flowers are the sweetest things God has ever made and forgot to put a soul into''.

Tell me which are the flowers in your garden?As monsoon is going to start from 30th onwards,please keep in mind that ''oru maram ,oru varam''[one tree,one blessing] and plant the saplings in plenty in your garden.This will be the best gift you can offer to the forthcoming generation!

I hope you have started loving these beautiful white flowers.:)

''It's at the edge of the petal that love waits''.And keep in mind,the petals are soooooooooo small.:)Tell me how to give you the petals?

Friends,

It may rain tonight.To enjoy the cool drizzles and to sleep deeply I am longing! Friendships flourish and grow with time.All of us need someone-someone to love,someone to listen,someone to trust,someone to share our dreams and hopes.And to that someone I dedicate this post.:)
It's Anu signing off...
Hope is restored and dreams will come true!
After reading my post,may today be one of those rare and beautiful times you'll always remember fondly.:)
Wishing you peace in your mind and love in your heart,
Joy and pleasure in each hour of the day,
Reminding Anu loves you dil se,
Wishing you a cool and lovely day,
Sasneham,
Anu

7 comments:

  1. thanks for the post ... helps me connect back to our gud old native flowers =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful post and pics..I love pavizhamalli flowers.once I try to grow in my courtyard .the begning growth was tremendous..but after the monsoon my plant started fallen its leaves ..slowly slowly the stem also ruined till root..now I wish one plant to grow and bloom in my cortyard..

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post.I tried many times to grow in my courtyard,because it was there in my house before marriage,that was my favourite flower. In the childhood I used to wake up by seeing this flowers in the morning.So I want to see it here also.At last I collected a plant from the market. But now it is tall ,but not flowering. I dont know why.I am waiting for a day when I can wake up by seeing this flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please help me get one stem of this tree.I was in search for the last 7 years.

    ReplyDelete