Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Love Of A Mother

    24 May,2010                                215th POST
Tuesday
7 p.m
Dear Friends,
     Good Evening!
 It's raining here,in Thrissur.Last two days,it was very hot!Showers are so refreshing to our mind and soul!You know what,I restarted my Malayalam blog yesterday and a short post was published.:)It was not at all difficult as I thought.My dear friend helped me giving instructions and I am so thankful to you,dost!:)I was thrilled like a small child after writing the post in my Mother Tongue.Last summer I had started my Malyalam blog and yesterday I saw 47  encouraging comments!I never did bother to check that old post;so silly!I had won the first prize in Malayalam short story competition held in college.Now,I am going to be active in my Malayalam blog-Anuvinte swapnangalum anubhavangalum[the dreams and experiences of Anu].

After reading my profle,many of my friends had asked me about my Amma's five books that are published.Amma is a retired high school teacher and was teaching  English and Social Studies in 10th std.The famous poets have taught my parents in collge and the foundation in Engish and Malayalam is very strong.Whatever we five children are in life today is due to the proper guidance,love and right direction given by our loving parents.I can not tell you how much my Amma  means to me.Today I am posting one of the poems written by Amma from her second book,Smarananjali[In Remembrance] dedicated to my loving Achan.
This is my 215th post and I am honoured Amma,dearest,your poem decorates sincerely yours today!
           The Love Of A Mother
The pride of a man breaks down,
Sick and despondent when he is!
And pathetically pinned on a weary bed.

Then,ah!what a consolation he gets
When appears his loving mother beside him.

The divine soul that looked after him,
From childhood and brought him up,
Administering to his helplessness.

Vividly he sees the enduring tenderness
In the love of a Mother to her son,

A love that transcends all other
Affections of the heart!
His selfishness,the ingratitude
And all other unworthy deceitful attitudes,
Cannot chill,weaken or reduce
Her affection to her beloved son.

Ready she is to sacrifice every comfort
For the enjoyment of her son;
Every pleasure she will reject
Willingly for the sake of his happiness!
How ecstatic she is in his fame and prosperity!

When misfortune befalls him
Dearer he is to his mother!

If disgrace settles upon him
She will still cherish and love him.

If all the world castshim off,
All the world she will be to him!

The mother loves her child,
Surely more than her life;
And more than all the mores.

When he grows up,
Into pits of bad habits
Perhaps he may fall
And in a drunken or drug addicted state,
He may even cut off her head
And hold it up as if in a revenge!

Then,on such an occasion,
The poor weeping eyes of the head
Seem to ask her'victorious son',

''My dear,is the weight of the head,
Too heavy for your hands?
Are you too tired of holding
This unfortunate,unworthy head?''

Oh!can anyone measure the depth
Of the mother's love to her son?

Can we feel the beauty,sanctity
And solemnity of this inborn love?

How indebted a son is to her mother-
A debt that he can never clear in his life!

Friends,
Amma has dedicated this poem to all the children who forget their parents  while enjoying their busy lives and who do not have time to take care of them.
Parents are our priceless blessings.Please keep this in mind.You  will be blessed!
My Amma loves all of you and her regards and prayers for you!Amma is so humble and simple!
It's Anu signing off......
Enjoy the unconditional and true love of this life!The love we can never repay!Take time to make sure that your parents are doing fine and be with them at the earliest.The love that is full of devotion and sacrifices;it is beyond all definitions;the love beyond explanation.her smile is the sunshine,the stars twinkle in her eyes!
Amma,I am so proud of you!
Thank you God,for gifting me wonderful parents!
Wishing you a beautiful and peaceful night,
Reminding you to thnik of your parents,
Trust me,Anu loves you dil se,
                               Sasneham,
                                      Anu

No comments:

Post a Comment