Monday, May 3, 2010

MY THRISSUR DIARY BEGINS



4th,May,2010

Tuesday

11a.m

Dear Friends,
Good Morning!
Mornings are so different in Thrissur.An early bird catches the prey is the motto of Amma and Nanda.A teacher is always a teacher and so Amma's time table is real strict.Nanda is too punctual and my days begin early. :)
Morning after my daily routine,the day commences with temple darshan.Today we went to Parmekkavu Bhagavathy Temple.On the way and back I saw two huge elephants and got so excited.I am not very sure whether I would prefer to have a ride on an elephant!But right from childhood I always used to admire this huge animal!near my village home within the walkable distance there is the elephant park where nearly sixtyfive elephants are being taken care of.The devotees who visit the famous Guruvayoor temple do not forget to enjoy the sight of the elephants.Walking among and around the elephants give us a thrilling experience.The famous movie,Oru Vadakkan Veeragadha Veeragadha is shot here.Elephants love water and they spend lots of time playing with water.



Thrissur is acity famous for temples and elephants.This is the cultural capital of Kerala.


I prayed at Parmekkavu Bhagavathy Temple,Kottappuram Shiva Temple and at Kuttankulangara Krishna Temple.There are two golden shower trees in the premises of Krishna Temple.One tree has the bright yellow flowers.Ramdas is a real huge elephant.


The mornings are so refreshing with temple visits,getting positive energy.The well decorated idlos of Gods and Goddesses shine and glow with so many lamps lighted.The temple wells,ponds and flowers make the atmosphere so peaceful!So many devotees come daily to pray! The priest [thirumeni] of the temple gives prasadam that contains flowers offered to God with chandanam,kumkum and manjalpodi.We must put chandanam among the two eyebrows with the right ring finger.Chandanam[sandal powder] gives us cool,secure and divine feelings.Generallay ladies wear the traditional two piece -mundum veshtiyum- and gents the white dhoti and shirt.Gents have to remove the shirt before entering the temple.



Days with Amma and Nanda are so beautiful and lively.Enjoying and relaxing I am going away from posts and writing!visiting relatives and guests coming home,shopping and reading books make my days and nights occupied!I am in a different world!


Yesterday we had lunch with a lovely old couple.the lunch was real grand with so many delicious traditiional dishes and as dessert we had chaka[jackfruit] prathaman!Wow!That was real yummy!I had plans of interviewing an interesting personality who stays as a tenanat with uncle on the top floor.She is none other than the simple, elegant and popular Ms.Pepita Seth.She is the one foreigner[from England]who did research for seven years on the rituals and traditions of Sree Guruvayoor Temple and on Lord Guruvayoorappan!The dedication and sincerity about publishing such a wonderful huge book-Heaven On Earth-made me curious to know more about her!I was waiting to meet her so eagerly but to my bad luck,she is away on tour and will be returning only in July.She has converted to Hindu to learn about the temple rituals!I am wonderstruck at the great effort taken by a foreigner to update us about the rituals of our temples!Isn't that interesting?


Monsoon ahowers have not started and it is pretty hot!But iam fascinated to watch the new blooms,jasmine buds and butterflies.I do miss my sea,sparrows,crows and pigeons.But here time flies at the wink of an eye.We watched a Malayalam movie-Pappi Appacha-it's a time waste!But I enjoyed the walk across the Thekkinkad Maidan[grounds]at night till we reached our car.Parking is a big problem.Thrissur pooram exhibition is going on with cultural evenings.I don't know when I can make it to visit the stalls as we need than more than two hours to take a round inside the stalls.


May the wind blow to all of us!May the rain fall softly on me and the green leaves!I am surrounded by people who love me and take care of me and so I can focus on the goodness always!God is great!I am learning the lessons of life by observations and experiences.






So I must start my thirty minutes walk with a smile.But I love Nanda behind the wheels even though she hits me when i distract her a lot by non-stop talking even at the busiest junctions.She is my sweet sissy!Sitting in silence should be learnt!



Let us remember noone is in charge of our happiness except us.Trust me,God holds us in the palm of His hands.So,cheer up and be happy!
Your good words leave me humbled.Thanks a bunch for your love and support.I feel the generosity of your hearts.Happy,relaxed and loving.........let's be like that.


It's Anu signing off....


I may not be reading each and every post of yours;but I assure you I can't be away from you!:)Regards and love from Amma and Nanda to all of you!


''Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain.An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vintage point.''


With more Thrissur news and updates in the forthcoming posts,


Reminding you,Anu loves all of you,


Wishing you a beautiful and lovely night,
Expecting the days to be colourful and perfect like this beautiful picture,

Sasneham,
Anu












No comments:

Post a Comment