Saturday, May 8, 2010

Links! Links! Links! Did I mention...links?!

From 60 Great Patriotic Posters Dover Books

First a shout out to all of the hard working super mommies out there! Tomorrow is your day, so enjoy it! I know you've earned it! There is no more difficult or more rewarding job in the world than being a mom. Happy Mother's Day!

Ah, Saturday. Exhale.

I try to remind myself that no matter what we do, we will never be able to make everyone happy. In fact if we live out loud and follow our bliss, we will probably make lots of people unhappy and somewhat confused. I'm a big, loud, technicolor, brass band, color outside of the lines without shame, wear your heart on your sleeve, dive right in and make glorious mistakes kinda gal. Much like Popeye, I yam what I yam.

Okay I'm not really like Popeye, but you get the point.

So, guess what? I may not be everyone's cup of tea. Quel suprise. Brew up a great cup of tea and someone will love it. For those among us who don't like Red Zinger might I suggest some Earl Grey?

If I offend, dear reader, please know that is never my intention. I am so blessed in so many ways and I don't forget that for a moment. I try not to take any of it too seriously, it's just life. In the grand cosmic whirlpool, we are but a tiny beep. Beep. Beep. Thank you, every one of you, for being part of this crazy roller coaster ride I'm on.

Now, everyone put your hands up in the air and scream!

Cyndi Lavin is working on a new e-book and she's offering the first chapter for free! It's really good. Go get your copy!

I received the most thoughtful email from Charley Johnston this week. She's an immensely talented designer who works exclusively in SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS and makes gorgeous jewelry, accessories, fashion and home decor. She teaches bead weaving too and has licensed her designs to some major companies. You simply have to go visit her website and take a look at her work. Give her a big welcome into the DIY community, she's got a lot of talent and lots of moxie to boot!

Speaking of crystal, Swarovski's crystal components have been rebranded again. They have changed from CRYSTALLIZED-Swarovski Elements to SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS as of June 2010. If you use their products in your designs for publication, make that note as you write your instructions. I know, it's a little confusing, but I think it's a good change.

Oh and hey, while I'm here, you may recall I took a trip to New Mexico this year to shoot some segments on Creative Living with Sheryl Borden. Sheryl emailed me this week to let me know about an auction to help fund KENW a PBS station. Check it out!

And now for this week's crafty linkstravaganza:

The Crochet Dude
Drew has just released the names and addies of the Michaels test stores nationwide that will be carrying his new line of crochet tools and kits - starting THIS weekend!

The Artful Crafter
How to navigate the sea of digital file extensions.

Stefanie Girard's Sweater Surgery
Paper Jewelry inspired by The Encyclopedia of Contemporary Jewelry Making Techniques by Vannetta Seecharran

Mixed Media Artist
A wonderful quote by Dorothy Day inspired Cyndi to make a little canvas board assemblage.

Margot Potter The Impatient Crafter
Madge reviews Jean Campbell's gorgeous new book Steampunk Style Jewelry.

Farm Girl Roots, City Girl Style
Linda cut out the pieces for another of her Grandma Paper Doll quilts. Check out Violet's design.

Cross Stitch at About.com
One of Connie's friends says the free When This You See pattern looks like a brain. Connie was inspired by the pocketbook plant. No matter what you see, the abstract design with traditional saying will be a fun stitch.

Crafty Princess Diaries
Tammy is celebrating about her summer vacation, but at the same time, she's trying to focus on the long "to do" list!

Craftside-A behind-the-scenes peek at a crafty world
Craftside's got a great tutorial on how to paint on fusible web, a photo of a beautiful Roman Stripe quilt from the book-The Quilt, fun photos from a bee field trip with author Kim Flottum and a "Mean Girl" Logo from the book Letterhead & Logo Design 10.

Alexa Westerfield a.k.a. Swelldesigner
Alexa shows you how to make Fontalicious Wall Art that is bold, graphic, and fun! And definitely cheap and easy to do!

About Family Crafts
Let's celebrate Half-Way to Halloween! Some people may think that it is too early to think about Halloween, but actually, Halloween seems to top the of list of people's favorite crafting holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment