Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Beautiful Blue Bargain

Today I am joining Sally @ Smiling Sally for her wonderful Blue Monday meme.


Now any of you that follow my blog on a regular basis, know that my favorite place for bargains is my neighborhood Fry's grocery store. I love a GOOD bargain, but let me tell you this one, was a GREAT bargain. I strolled in for my weekly groceries, and couldn't believe that their Christmas was 80% off. What did my little blue eyes but see, just waiting on the shelf for little old me? Just take a look.

I was so excited, I scurried over as fast as my little feet would take me and not only did I snatch up the vase, but I also snatched up the candlesticks to go along with. Oh my gosh. Ladies, you are not going to believe me, but yes it is true. I got this gorgeous vase for $5.50, yes that is right. And the candlesticks, we each $2.25. I was so excited. I love it, and it can be used year round. Blue is not just a (1) season color, as we all know here at Blue Monday. Now isn't she just the most beautiful thing ever?



I had a little mirrored tray that needed a place to be, and she found her place, just waiting under this beautiful blue vase. I went to Michael's and found the little bachelor button type flowers with the green whisps and thought they added just the right touch. I love it.



I added candles to the candlesticks that are brown on the bottom, but have a beautiful red towards the top. I then added the Valentine ribbons from a wonderful friend, who sent them wrapped around a special gift, thanks Lynn (everything is useful), and added a little Valentine pick to each. I think it makes the table so festive. The tablecloth is a baby quilt, Pottery Barn to be exact, and I found it at my neighborhood GW for $1.99. I couldn't believe my good fortune. It sets just right on my table and it sure does give the vase and the candlesticks a boost with the blue color.



And this my lovely friends, is my Blue Monday post. As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven here in the desert, that I so love to call home. Country hugs and much love,



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment