Sunday, January 17, 2010

What Is Fast Food Doing To Us???

Do You Remember This Guy?








Well look at him today.









How many times a week do you eat Fast Food? Ronald has been eating his own fast food since 1940. What on earth has happened to him?


The same thing that is happening to us eating fast food today. Do you realize that a Big Mac has 540 calories? And those infamous quarter pounders, a whopping 510 calories? How many times have you eaten a large order of fries? Girls that is another 540 calories, and if you get a large cocoa cola classic drink with that meal, add another 410 calories.


I have really enjoyed those gosh darn oreo McFlurries, well forget that I found out they have 570 calories in them. I should have known something that taste so darn good, wouldn't be good for my body. When I have been really good, I would treat myself to just 1 chocolate chip cookie, again I figured how bad could it be? Only 1 cookie. Wrong, that is 170 calories for that 1 cookie.



I decided that this year was going to be my year to get healthy. McDonald's is real close to work, so it's been a favorite place to go, that is until I started reading about the calories. Girls, starting tomorrow, I am taking my lunch. Believe me my salad will be a LOT less calories than what I have been eating of late.


When I get home each day I am getting back on the treadmill and going to start out walking 30 minutes a day. It's a good year to begin again in 2010. Wish me luck my friends. I am going to need it.


As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert, that I so love to call home. Country hugs and much love,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment