Friday, January 15, 2010

For Better or For Worse...Pink Saturday

Good morning Sweet Pinkies, and welcome to Pink Saturday!

As always, please thank the fabulous Ms Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for organizing and hosting this fabulous event. Please remember to go and check out her blog, and see the complete list of Pink Saturday "Pinkie" participants, and take the time to go and visit some of them. You will find the pinkest of "Pinkies" right here at Pink Saturday.




34 years ago today, January 16th, my beautiful husband Tony and I exchanged vows and became man and wife. Aren't we just the cutest little couple? I am still trying to figure out where this little gal in the picture went, and who is this imposter that is living in her body today? Whoever she is, Tony still loves her, so it's okay.





Here we are today. He is still the one, and after all these years, we are still having fun. I thank God every day of my life for this man. When they say and the two shall become one? I know what that means, for we think as one, we feel each others pain, we share each others trials and accomplishments. We are truly one. And our secret: "The family that prays together, stays together."





To celebrate, the rose fairy came by this morning.




She has left behind, these beautiful roses for me. Look at these "pinkies" our favorite color. Can you smell the fragrance, as it is so sweet? Tony says sweet as honey, like me.




And look at this cake. We wanted a big cake so everyone could have some, and we made sure we got a room big enough for all of us "pinkies," and look everyone has a covered chair to sit for awhile and visit, catch up on everything each of us has been doing. The pink sashes are each yours to take, and remember this day by making something creative with it. We are a creative bunch of "pinkies".



What would cake be for a celebration without champagne. I'm toasting with pink and Tony white. Please lift your glass and wish us happiness for the next 34 years to come. Isn't this just devine? I couldn't ask for better.




Thank you "pinkies". Thank you so much for coming today and helping us to celebrate our anniversary. It is so lovely of each of you. Being so far from home, and having no family here in Arizona to celebrate with, you are my family, and I have enjoyed you each immensely today. I cannot thank you enough for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed yourselves.



As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert, that I so love to call home. Country hugs and so much love,

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment