Thursday, January 14, 2010

Friday - Finding Beauty



Today is "Friday Finding Beauty" a weekly event on Claudia's blog Dipity Road. Participating blogs are asked to post a photo of whatever they like on their blog, that touched them in some way and made them feel, see, or appreciate a moment of beauty in their lives.


While visiting my folks in the Fall, I walked through areas of their yard, taking photos of things I saw beauty in. Moma has had this bird bath for some time now. It is one of my favorite things in her garden. Look at the beautiful face of this angel. The birds love her too, she is one of the highly favored and sought after birdbaths.




And look closely at this photo. This little guy was going to town on one of her plants. He was so fuzzy and I truly had not seen a caterpillar in such a long time, I felt a need to have mercy on him, so he was left in the gardens to do his job, and not put into a jar to observe.


This is the top of the old oak tree. DH and I bought this for Moma and Daddy's 30th wedding anniversary 20 years ago. It now towers 50-60 feet tall. This is the top of the tree. It almost appears as if the limbs are the arms and the tree section below it is a skirt. I stood and marveled at how beautiful and tall this tree had become, recalling the day Daddy, Moma, DH and I planted it in their backyard. It was about my height, and I am only 5ft 2 inches tall. (on a good day).



Moma had this one beautiful bloom left on this plant, and here it was October, so that is quite unusual for Oklahoma. Now don't quote me on it, but for some reason I am thinking she said it was a clematis, but I may be wrong. I just thought the color was so classy and sassy and I really wanted to share it with you.



And lastly the old waterwell pump and barbed wire from the farm. Both weathered and worn, ready to take a much needed Winter rest. I hope you have enjoyed this little glimpse of home, where I grew up, and where the biggest piece of my heart will always reside. I love you and miss you Moma and Daddy.

As always, thank you stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert that I so love to call home.

Country hugs and so much love,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment