Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's All About Red Today...



Like Ms Check says, today is REDnesday, or it almost is, you know how it is in blogland, some of us work, and we have to post early, so humor me and pretend, please! I'd also like to thank our beautiful hostess Sue, at It's a Very Cherry World, who so graciously hosts this wonderful day for each of us every week here in blogland. Please take the time to go and visit each of the "Reds". We really are a very interesting group of ladies, and we each have so many differant things to offer. We'd like to inspire you, enlighten you, and even entertain you.



Because today is Rednesday, and my dining room is red, I've decided to share with you. So please take a little stroll with me. First I am sharing my dining room table. The table is covered with a crib size red quilt. Works wonderful for a tablecloth (I shared a blue one on Monday) This one too was a $2.00 bargain, and I love a bargain. The pitcher was on clearance at my local grocery store Fry's, (I adore that store) I paid a whopping $4.50. I love it, and I'm considering turning it into a lamp for my buffet. What did you think? The plates too, were clearanced at $1.50 each. They only had 4 red ones left, but I snatched all 4 of them. My candlesticks go with my blue vase from Monday, but with the blue in the pitcher, I thought I could pull it off. The flowers too, were in my blue vase, but they could pass for the cornflowers in my pitcher, so I used them again. I found the little cardinals at the Dollar Tree today, and couldn't resist. They are made so nice. The little "Country" sign was also a Dollar Tree special, that was painted red for the dining room.




I stepped back a little so that I could take a picture of my chairs. My dear husband and I were given these by my sister and her DH. A resturaunt that we had frequently eaten at, was giving the chairs away, as they had purchased new ones. I was given 8 chairs for my dining room. I wanted to paint them red. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the fabric (red apples and cherries) and reupholstered the backs and seats. I just love the print. Off I went and bought the red paint, I insisted on painting them before I left Oklahoma. Daddy said that they probably wouldn't take the paint real well, but I insisted. So I painted the chairs, and 2 days later they were loaded into our truck, covered by a camper shell, and we headed back for Arizona. Well when we got home 2 days later, and the chairs were removed from the truck, they were in fact losing some of the paint, from being stacked in the truck while still damp.


This old country gal got to thinking. I asked DH to give me some sand paper, and I sanded them down in places, roughed them up a little and wah-la, I have the perfect worn looking chairs that I so love. DH loves them too, he didn't have to go for more paint. The chairs were free, the fabric cost me $20.00 and the paint was about 10.00. I'd say that 30.00 is pretty cheap for 8 chairs that are solid wood. I love them because DH and I ate at that resturaunt and there are memories there. Oh and I have to share with you. My trestle table, solid oak, has leafs that fold up underneath, I bought it off Craig's List. Are you ready for this one? $40.00. The couple just wanted to get rid of it. It weighs a ton, and I have always wanted one. I'd say I have a beautiful table and chairs at a pretty RED price.






Another little wall in the dining room houses a shelf that I also bought at the GW and it to was a steal. I paid $2.99 for it. It was a rusty white, and I decided it was going RED. So, yes I painted it too. The little teapot and cups, Moma gave me 2 years ago for Christmas, Tea for Two, Moma and me. We always say, "if we only had time for tea." I miss her terribly, as we so love doing things together. One of the disadvantages of living so far from family, you don't get to see them as often.


The precious pumpkin was painted especially for me, and given to me by my very BEST friend, Marydon @ Blushing Rose, for Christmas. I just love it so. She had cherries painted on it, as she knows how much I love them. Thank you so much sweet friend, it brings me such happiness every day.





And lastly, as always I want to thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert, that I so love to call home. Country hugs...

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment