Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I NEED A PAT;WHAT ABOUT YOU?

05.01.2010

Tuesday,

6p.m

Dear Friends,

Good Evening!


It's very cold.the cool breeze is blowing from the sea.I can't even open the glass door and spend some time in the balcony.through the glass,I admire and appreciate the illuminated ships and boats,the coloured water and the solitude!my mind is filled with peace and happiness.right from the day I joined work,it's work and more work.late hours,meetings and round the clock,you think and plan.it's appraisal week and the most important day is thursday,7th,January.I have to finish a lot of wriiten work tonight,but right now nothing stops me from writing this post.the urge is strong and I have a feeling,someone somewhere would be anxiously waiting to read my post. :)it's my belief.

I am a workaholic.I need to excel and be the best.I crave for perfection.so,my work never ends.I hardly enjoy life,the important events and happenings.but I am satisfied only if I overdo things.on many occasions I did not get the right kind of appreciation I deserved for a good job done and have therefore felt neglected or ignored.but that is momentary.I get out of that phase soon.
On many times we feel thrown out as the need is over.we hardly hear,'Thank you','Sorry'' or 'Please'.I don't like to be frustrated or unhappy.I want to set a good example of a cheerful and an inspiring friend.to boost my feelings I have decided not to depend on others.you may not have time for me.so,whenever I feel I need an appreciation,recognition or a good word,I will pat myself and be happy and in high spirits.so,I am creating opportunities to pat myself at the end of the day by improving my self esteem,charity works and reaching out to the needy.

A walk enjoying the cool breeze is too good for mind and body;but I have to leave home early in the morning.respect and recognition can be achieved by smiling and sharing what we can,helping in some way and by counselling.we are responsible for our happiness.

just now I received a forward from my friend and it goes with this post very well.please have a look.

Does Management know their Staff?
On walking into the factory, the MD noticed a young guy leaning against the wall, doing nothing.
He approached the young man and calmly said to him, "How much do you earn?"
The young man was quite amazed that he was asked such a personal question, he replied, none the less, "I earn $2000.00 a month, Sir. Why?"
Without answering, the MD took out his wallet and removed $6000.00 cash and gave it to the young man and said, "Around here I pay people for working, not for standing around looking pretty! Here is your 3 months salary, now GET OUT and don't come back".
The young man turned around and was quickly out of sight.

Noticing a few onlookers, the MD said in a very upset manner, "And that applies for everybody in this company".
He approached one of the onlookers and asked him, "Who's the young man that I just fired?"
To which an amazing reply came of, "He was the pizza delivery man, Sir...!"

Friends,

How'z that?It really happens when the management doesn't know the staff.our appraisal team has reached from the headquarters.They don't know me.my actions[reports/files]have to speak louder.confidence and presence of mind I do have.Still,I have to preapre a lot!

It's Anu signing off.After writing this post I am relieved and I can work harder till midnight.[what a way of getting inspired?]:)

You know what,in the wee hours of the first day of January,I felt like singing,

''Thattam pidichu valikkalle....................mylanchadi chediye...................''imagine I was lying down in the berth of Rajdhani E xpress.When my heart fills with the soft feelings,I love to sing this number.today let me dedicate the same .my throat is choked till I sing it again and again...................:)the very song lifts my spirits.Lakshmi Gopalaswami makes us feel the romantic mood so well..............

Kehte hai dil ki baat,har kissi ko kahi nahi jati;

Apno kobhi batayi nahi jati;

Par dost to ayinehote hai;

Aur ayine sekoi bat chupaai nahi jati! :)[aap to mere aayina hei nah?]

Wishing you a cool,lovely romantic night,

Anu loves all of you!

Sasneham,

Anu

No comments:

Post a Comment