Sunday, October 31, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEEN SWEETIES...






Today is Halloween.
Around the world.


What memories for most of us.

Some of us are now living through
our 
school aged children;

And some are now living through
our 
grandchildren;

And even some yet through our greats.








We have always loved the excitement

of costumes, what are we going to be?

It has to be something so GREAT...

Something NOBODY else would think of.

Something magical...








Today kids have Halloween buckets

for their treats, or they have little bags.

We didn't have those when I was a kid;

we used a pillow case, and you tossed it

over your back much like a hobo.










It was the one time of the year,


we got candy for FREE...


Lots of candy. I remember the fun


of taking our sacks home, and sorting


through them. We would trade candies,


some we didn't like for ones we did.


Pixie straws were one of my favorites.


Popcorn balls were the BEST.
You never traded those.








I remember some of the houses were

scary, and the people sat up on the

porches in the dark waiting to holler

"BOO" when you approached.

Others would open their doors 

slowwwlly, and a hand would 

come out. I would run,
I didn't stick around. They 


would holler to come back, but

by that time I was 2 doors down. I

didn't like the scary houses as a kid.







Tonight as the little ghosts

and goblins come around.

Give them some treats

and not to many tricks.
Pleaseeeeee.

Oh and for tonight;


DONT" FORGET:











As always, thank you for stopping by,

my little piece of heaven,

here in the desert,

that I so love to call home.

Country hugs and much love,







post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment