Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Preschool - Kindergarten Years...


 





Today in sharing


Mommy's Piggy Tales,


I will be writing my story 

about preschool to Kindergarten.









Yep, this is me. Just look at this Fire Girl.

Don't you just love this hat? 

One of the older kids got it at

school, back when the fire

station came to the school and

handed hats out. I loved it,

and so Moma just had to get a photo.

I am 16 months old in this photo.
I love the hair, as I have no curls


at all today. Where did they go?








I love the look on Moma's face and then
I look at Daddy's. 
Absolutely Priceless.
That is me sitting on Daddy's lap.
I was 2 years old in this photo.


Just look at the beautiful curtains,
the funny thing is I 
remember them.
Look at the beautiful centerpiece on


the table. Is that gorgeous or what?
I remember that on the table for a


very long time. No touching...








Sherry Baby has curls again.

Yes she does. I still don't

know where they went. I am

3 years old in this photo.

I remember this dress. It was

my favorite. It was pastel pinks, 

and purples and I can still remember

playing with the buttons.

As the older kids were in school, 

Moma could take us over and

have our photos taken too.
This has always been one of my


favorites.








Happy Birthday To Me!!

I am 4 years old. As you

can see Moma baked a cake.

It is in pyrex, and the top decorations

are those that you wet the back of 

the paper and then peeled the deco-

rations off. Pure sugar. I remember them

quite well.  In the background is our 

apricot tree. Many a problem was solved

in that tree over the years. Many apricots

were used as bombs to keep the boys

out of the tree. If memory serves me well,

many spankings came from those bombs

as well.








Yep, this is me at 5 years old. Look at the little coat

and ear warmer. I love the little dress and the pants

underneath. I have on my favorite (red)galoshes. I am

holding a large cat tail. I loved playing with them.

Yes, I am on the ice. We lived near by Canton Lake,

a lake in Oklahoma and we visited it year round.

Daddy loved to ice fish, and us kids would play

close by and walk on the ice. It would freeze over

and be about 8 inches or more thick. I do remember

these adventures quite well. It was worth being cold,

and I see this photo and smile. I can still see Daddy

sitting around the hole in the ice, waiting for the fish to

bite, and yes we did take dinner home with us, every

time. He still is a wonderful fisherman today,
but
doesn't ice fish anymore.








When I was growing up, there was no pre-school,

and I never attended Kindergarten. It cost

a lot of money back then, and my folks 

couldn't afford that. There were 4 of us kids.

I didn't miss out on anything, Moma taught

me well, and 1st grade came soon enough.

I do remember waiting every day for my older

brother and sister to come home from school.



Next week I start first grade. So please pop

back over and see what excitement happens,

on the very first day of course.



As always thank for stopping by,
my little piece of heaven


here in the desert,

that I so love to call home.

Country hugs and much love,







post signature










No comments:

Post a Comment