Thursday, October 7, 2010

Margot Potter for Jewel School: Equinox Earrings and Choker

Equinox Earrings and Choker by Margot Potter for Jewel School

It's fallish around these parts. Leaves are slowly beginning to turn from verdant green to shades of yellow ocre, cadmium orange and vermillion and soon, alas, they will tumble earthward and leave bare branches straining towards the bleak winter skies. I find this time of year to be introspective and I tend to curl inward, but this year with the new job and the big move, my natural tendency towards self indulgent brooding Irish melancholia must be thwarted. There simply is not time for such things. I have dutifully packed up my summer dresses and taken out my sweaters and of course, I need some new jewelry for my fall wardrobe.

I found a lovely array of autumnally apropos gemstone strands on the Jewel School segment of Jewelry Television's website. Smoky quartz, grosular garnet, carnelian shaded red agate and this sumptuous, sensual brass chain dripping with lovely fall leaves. I created the findings with Artistic Wire. There is so much movement here and flexibility in terms of how you can wear this piece.

What kind of fall jewelry are you making this season? I'd love to know!

Cheers,
Madge
(Note: Blogger was compensated for this post and materials were donated by the retailer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment