Saturday, October 2, 2010

Scent For Spiritual Sunday...









Welcome to Spiritual Sundays hosted by
Charlotte and Ginger
.














Did you
know:


Churches
are starting to use scent to enhance
the experience of Sunday morning services.


I’m not
surprised by this.
How often have you heard people say,
“In order to sell your
house, bake cookies
before visitors come over?” So it makes sense
that some
churches are piping in scents via
their HVAC systems during service and I’m okay
with that.


But for
me it begs the question, what does church smell like?


And
what if a scent company might happen
upon my blog today and is reading this?

What if they were open to taking some
suggestions from us for new scents?
Let’s pretend today and
recommend some fresh
new church scents.


For
Me: 
I am thinking: New Bible.
Yes that
is right.
Do any of you remember when you first
got your bible? You opened it,
and the new
and exciting smell just made you want to
read and read? We never
wanted to close it.
We read all afternoon and just couldn’t get enough of it.


What do
you think? Maybe we should all keep
buying new bibles to keep us reading?
Or am
I right? A scent called New Bible?
Would you buy it?
Would you use it to lead
others to God?


Today I
ask you, what would your scent be
to lead others to God? That is what he
wants
us to do. Live a good Christian
life and leave a good scent
so that others
follow us.
Are you wearing your cologne each day?
Are you leading others by
your scent?


Philippians
4:9
:
What you have learned and
 received and heard
and seen in me
-practice these things,
and the God of peace will be with you.





As always, thank you for stopping

by my little piece of heaven,

here in the desert,

that I so love to call home.

Country hugs and much love,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment