Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's A Girl...







For the next 12 weeks,
every Thursday,


I am participating in
Mommy's Piggy Tales.


I will be writing my story from
birth to the 12th grade.


Please join me in welcoming:


Sharon Diane Rogers


8 lbs. 1 1/2 ounces.


21 1/2 inches long


Born April 25, 1957


@ 6:16 am










This is the birth announcement that
Moma and Daddy 
sent out announcing
my birth. I love the little baby


and these blue birds just make my heart "sing".






The writing is old and worn, but Moma

wrote this in her own penmanship.

I have always loved her writing.









This is chubby little Sharon, better known as "Sherry".
Ms Country Wings herself. Moma went into labor with


me at 1:30am, and I was delivered at 6:16am.

Moma said there was no time to give her anything

for pain. I came really fast.


She told me that she chose the name Sharon

from the plant in the Bible, the Rose of Sharon.









And yes look at this receipt. I was born
at the Naval Base 
in Charleston, South Carolina.
Moma and Daddy had 
to pay in advance for me.
The total cost was a 
whole whopping $8.75.
They charged $1.75 a day for 
a 5 day stay.
Moma and Daddy got a $3.50 refund 
on me
as Moma went home on Sunday, April 28th.











On Monday, April 29th was my first outing.




Moma and Daddy took me to Summerville




to the bowling alley. They bowled on
a league. Moma said I was the biggest




strike of all. Everyone thought I was just




the sweetest little thing.




















Please come back next week
and see my Preschool to Kindergarten


years. I can't wait to share with you.


As always, thank you for stopping by

my little piece of heaven, here in the desert

that I so love to call home.

Country hugs and much love,


 


post signature






















No comments:

Post a Comment