Friday, October 23, 2009

Amy Has Hung Her Star in the Heavens




Amy Dawn Ragan
1976-2009

Amy Dawn Ragan came into this life on July 6, 1976. She graced us all with her beautiful love of life, and a contagious giggle. She was under 5 feet tall, but had the strength of a giant. I truly believe she moved many mountains in her lifetime.

She brought so many of us together. I posted one day and asked for everyone to send her a card, and share their love and faith that she would be okay, get stronger, and God would heal her. Bring the outside in, and bring YOU did. In doing so, Amy built a world of her own. Amy's World.

I read so many beautiful cards and letters, and saw so many beautiful things that many of you had sent Amy while I was home visiting. You made her day, every day. She was blanketed with love, kindness, happiness, joy, faith, color, talents and your hearts most of all. She opened each card slowly and breathed in it's kindness, not wanting to miss a thing. She ran her fingers over the texture and smiled at the color everywhere. She didn't miss a word, each one was a treasure. She held each one to her bosom so that she could feel the love inside and closed her eyes, and silently thanked you each for loving her.



Each one of you took her to a beautiful place, away from the pain that was constant. I watched her smile as she crinkled tissue paper, offer her foot to Debbie for new warm sockies. She had butterflies in the window, butterflies over her head to flutter, and angels everywhere to bless her, hearts of glitter and pinkness to feel your love. So much color. A gift for an artist like Amy. She was surrounded with love by each one of you. I just wanted to thank you for sharing a part of yourselves, and making her so happy the last days of her life. She considered each one of you a "Friend," and you each made her so happy. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Amy loved butterflies, and was so amazed by their wings and movement. We sat on the porch of my house in Oklahoma one day, and she asked me if I knew that butterflies were free? "How so," I questioned? She said "Aunt Sherry they can fly anywhere they want to go, they are free and can fly free forever." The wisdom of a child. How true she was. She has gotten her wings, and she can fly free forever. The cancer pain that she endured was endless, but it lives no more within Amy. I am so grateful for that. God has set her free. I know the first thing she did was enhale the color and beauty, and try out those wings. Each angel hangs a star in the heavens upon arrival, my Moma told me. So I know if you look into the sky tonight and you see that one shining the brightest out there, it is Amy sending her love to us. Letting us know she is FREE.

I will always be watching the sky Amy Girl. I will miss you, but find comfort knowing where you are. Try not to wear out your wings sweet thing. I love you so much, Aunt Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment