Thursday, October 15, 2009

One Degree from Martha


Hey looky lou! Click on the image above to see! That's l'il me on a big ol' flyer for the Grand Opening of the new Michael's Manhattan! Check it out! And if you inspect further you will see that my meticulously cut out image is located one degree away from the doyenne of all things domestically divine, Ms. Martha Stewart!

Oh yeah, I'm near Martha! Smell me!

Uh, on second thought, maybe that's not such a great idea. How about you just say, "YAY!"

Who cares if Martha and I are polar opposites. We both love cooking, crafting, decorating, entertaining (okay so I don't do that so much but I still love it in theory) and having exotic chickens. So we've got all that in common! That and we're both going to be at the Grand Opening of the new Michael's Manhattan, albeit on different days. Oh and if that wasn't enough to get your knickers in a flurry, Ed Roth of Stencil 101 will be there and so will Megan Nicolay of Generation T...and the delightful Michael's spokeswoman Ms. Jo Pearson all on the same day before Martha arrives. I feel like a Crafty Rock Star!

Maybe Martha will sit in the same chair I do! Maybe I should leave her a hand calligraphied note taped to the bottom of the chair in a pretty repurposed vintage glass jar with a handcrafted label made from old book pages and my Cricut Expression. Maybe she'll see my smiling face on this fabulous flyer (that has my name spelled wrong but that's okay...) and she'll say to herself, "Gee Martha, who is this fascinating and enigmatic Margo(t) Potter person and why haven't we had her on the show yet? Hey there assistant minion person, get on this stat!"

Maybe her producers will call me and invite me on to show Martha how to open and close a jump ring, make a fun Teen themed craft and whip up a delicious low fat multi-grain macaroni and cheese followed by the two of us singing a duet of Let Us Craftertain You! Then we'll go shopping for designer shoes at Barney's followed by a nosh at a posh restaurant.

After that I'm sure I'll get Martha's private cell phone number and we'll text each other cool craft ideas every day! She'll be my new BFF! Or maybe my new frenemy...how do you spell that anyway?

Oh the possibilities! Oh the excitement! Oh frabjous day, calloo callay! I'm one degree from Martha!

If you're in Manhattan on October 25th, please stop by Michaels between 4 and 5pm and say howdy. I'll be demoing fun mixed media jewelry making ideas and you can see a host of other great demos while you're there. Oh and if you know Martha, do tell her Madge said, "Hi!"

xoxo
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment