Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Disney Sunday - Wish Upon A Star







Please thank my precious daughter, Ms Heidi @ Fairy Footprints in the Sand for sponsoring Disney Sunday. Take the time, if you haven't already to stop by and visit her blog. She will delight you with her welcoming stories. She may even have a little guest waving in the sidebar to welcome you. You never know what you might find when you enter her magical world. I love you sweet Heidi Girl.











Destiny and Isabel sat in their Grammy's large overstuffed reading chair. Grammy had told them that this chair had magical powers to take them to many places and read about many people. They only had to open a book to find a new journey. Destiny, being the oldest, picked the book of her choice today. She wanted to share with her little sister, Isabel, about the littlest guy she had ever heard of. He was sent by a blue magical fairy to help guide a little puppet that so badly wanted to be a real boy. Although today we only meeting Jimney Cricket, next week we will read all about the boy who was to be Jimney's famous journey, Pinocchio.











"Look Isabel", said Destiny. "Grammy was right. Here he is. He is just stopping by today to say hello. He has a magical umbrella, look at his little shoes, and I love his hat. He likes blue, just like me. I can tell we are going to like him already."











Jimney was so excited to meet the girls. "Good Day Destiny and Isabel. Happy Magical Disney to you both. I am a gentleman, so ofcourse I take my hat off to you both. I hope you are enjoying reading about me. You can learn a lot from me. For one, you don't have to be "BIG" to move mountains. Anyone can reach for the stars."

















"I may be small, but I am mighty. Isabel, I've been visiting with your Grammy about you, and your Cross-Country races. You may be the smallest one running, but I understand you were the first one to cross the finish line for your Ironwood School. Congratulations my dear, and keep on running for the stars. One of these days you are going to be the blue ribbon winner. I just know it. And Destiny, you keep standing on the sidelines cheering your little sister on. Remind her to reach for the stars."












"Girls, I salute you both. You are both my Magical Sunday Blue Ribbon Winners. Now remember, to come back next week to read all about me and the famous Pinocchio. The little puppet who so badly wants to be a real boy."






"And now, sad as it is, the time has come for me to go, I have to be on my way. I have many others to visit today. I thank you for asking me into your special reading chair to share with you. I would like to wish everyone farewell until next week. I left a little message below."











As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven here in the desert, that I so love to call home. Country hugs and love, Sherry





No comments:

Post a Comment