Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Pink Saturday - Favorite Holiday Decoration


Happy Pink Saturday "Pinkies".



Pink Saturday is hosted by our lovely Ms. Beverly

@ How Sweet the Sound.

Click the link above to view her site with a list of many other Pink Saturday participants. Please take the time to go and visit all of the "Pinkies".




Today our lovely hostess Ms Beverly has asked us to share a favorite holiday decoration. Now my decoration is not pink or red, so I am using my infamous pink hat and a few antique glass pink decorative Christmas balls for my Pink Saturday today.



Almost 15 years ago, my Moma and Daddy made this nativity set for me. Moma drew what she wanted on a brown paper sack making a pattern, giving it to Daddy, who then painstakenly and lovingly cut the pieces out of wood for her. (Very thick wood as you can see). Moma and Daddy then sanded and stained each of the pieces to give them the natural look they both so love. These pieces are also heavily varnished so the wood will stay beautiful for many, many years to come. Each of the faces were made from half of a bead. The shepherd has a staff made from a wire hanger, and the donkey has a wire brush tail.



I have treasured this set since the day it came in the mail to me here in Phoenix, and it is always the first piece of Christmas I bring out, and the last piece of Christmas I always put away. I so love this set. Thank you Moma and Daddy for this special gift of love made from both of your beautiful hearts.






I recently purchased the apothecary jar with the Holidays in mind. Being so large and the fact that it is tall, it fills in a lot of air space, and sometimes we need that in arranging. I filled it full of Christmas balls, copper, brown, green and gold. I wanted it to accent and bring just the right amount of color to my nativity scene.

In the background you can see Christmas trees. I have two sets of these trees. They are the 2, 3, and 4ft sets, and I have used them in so many areas of the house. Some together and some alone. I just love them for holiday decorating.


I hope you have enjoyed your Pink Saturday with me today. As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert that I so love to call home. Country hugs and much love,



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment