Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Snowman Made Out of Chenille





While I was back visiting my folks, I went to a thrift store one day with Moma. While I was browsing around I found an old chenille bedspread that was torn, and the thrift store had 3.99 marked on it. It was an old white spread, stained in many places. I snatched it up. Moma thought I had lost my mind ofcourse. I knew I had big plans for it. I took it back to Moma and Daddy's house, washed and dried it (already looking good). I put the pieces in tea and let it soak for a couple of days. The result was just amazing. I sat in the middle of their living room floor cutting that spread into pieces that I thought were a good size to work with.

This little snowman I made from 3 circles, 1 black sock for the hat, and 1 printed sock for the scarf. I embroidered his nose and mouth, but sewed 2 little beads on for his eyes. Gave him two little buttons for his belly. The sticks were from the yard. I think he turned out really cute.

As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert that I so love to call home. Country hugs and much love,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment