Thursday, December 3, 2009

Holiday Cloche Party - Beauty Under Glass



Merry Christmas Sweeties! Today I’m joining Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for a Christmas Cloche party. I so enjoy sharing and seeing what each of you have to share too. I am so thrilled Marty is hosting this before the holidays, giving each of us a chance to see other ideas for our upcoming dinners and celebrations. Thank you Marty for being the hostess with the mostess.



This is my new cloche that I recently bought after our hostess, Marty tipped me off, that they were on sale at Wisteria. It has a beautiful little bird on top. I filled it with gold glass seed beaded balls and strings of pearls and glass beads. Then around the edge of the plate I strung pinecones and cinnamon sticks for fragrance.

The picture of Jesus with the children in the frame, is 49 years old. It was my promotion paper from the Nursery to Pre-School at church for Sunday School. Moma gave it to me recently when I went home to visit. I framed it, and thought it looked so precious on this easel beside the cloche. My DH's bible beside it set the scene.



I recently purchased this apothecary jar with the Holidays in mind. Being so large and the fact that it is tall, it fills in a lot of air space, and sometimes we need that in arranging. I filled it full of Christmas balls, copper, brown, green and gold. I wanted it to set off my nativity scene.

Several years ago, my Moma and Daddy made this nativity set for me. Moma drew what she wanted on a brown paper sack making a pattern, giving it to Daddy, who cut the pieces out of wood for her. She then sanded and stained the pieces to give them the natural look she so loves. They are also varnished so the wood will stay beautiful for many, many years to come. I so love this set. Thank you Moma and Daddy for this special gift of love.





I have a collection of Santas. This particular one needed something to look like his workshop toys. After much searching, I managed to find two cupcake cloches for my two Mary Engelbreight figurines. I put a little bit of snow in the bottom of each, and then added my figurine to each. My Believe sign in front, and a little strand of ribbon on the table completed this little vignette. How devine is that?




My tall cloche houses my Santa statute that is softly speaking to a little girl. She is asking for her "heart's desire". I sprinkled a little snow on the base and added a little bottle brush tree to complete the beautiful scene I was so looking for. My wooden angel softly watches from the trees. Simple but talks to anyone's heart walking by.




My last cloche I bought in Oklahoma at Hobby Lobby in October when I went home to visit my family. I so love the domed lid. I wanted it to house my Mary Engelbreight chair figurine and Santa standing beside it. I sprinkled a little bit of snow in the base of the cloche to let it pop. I put a bow around the long necked handle, added a few styrofoam balls to the side to make it look like snowballs, hung a mitten in the tree, (I think it belongs to one of the Three Little Kittens), and lastly added my Country sign to complete this beautiful holiday setting.

Doesn't get much better than this for the holidays using a cloche.



I hope you have enjoyed your visit today. I so enjoyed sharing some of my decorated cloche ideas for the holidays.



As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert, that I so love to call home. Country hugs and much love,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment