Thursday, July 1, 2010

Finding Beauty In My Heritage...









Over the past year, I have shared many things with each of you. Today I want to share another piece of me. My heritage. Cherokee Indian. So today in "Friday's Finding Beauty" hosted by Ms Claudia @ Dippity Road I bring you a tribute to the beauty that runs through my veins. Please enjoy as I take such pleasure in sharing this beautiful gift with each of you.











Having an Indian heritage makes me so proud.
It is the gift from Grand Daddy that keeps on giving,
as I pass this on to my children, grandchildren
and future generations to come. "The Choate family."












Living here in Phoenix, I feel as though the warm winds
blow every day. Thus making this house truly blessed
from Heaven. The Great Spirit welcomes all.

With the monsoon season upon us, I so look forward
to the cleansing of the rain and the rainbows that follow,
as I feel it is Grand Daddy tapping me on the shoulder,
still giving
after 34 years of his passing.
I love you Grand Dad.












May the Eagles fly free forever. The rains flow richly
to bless our great land,
and may the lightning remind
us that God is alive and he does speak to us in


many languages.





Please take the time to go by and visit the
other blogs listed in Ms Claudia's host.
You will be blessed in so many ways.





As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece
of heaven, here in the desert, that I so love to call home.
Country hugs and love...













post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment