Sunday, July 25, 2010

SREE GURUBHYO NAMAHA!

25th,July,2010
 Sunday

Dear Friends,
             Good Morning!
Today I feel so good after having darshan of Lord Ayyappa and upadevathas.Morning is very cool  after the showers.Thanks a lot for your comments for the last post .The clarity  and beauty of the photos of Shilparamam was liked by all.
Today is an auspicious day-Guru Pournima It is also called as Vyasa Poornima.It is held on the full moon day of the Hindu month of Ashadh when devotees around the world celebrate their devotion for their spiritual master and rejoice in their relationship with knowledgeGuru Poornima is dedicated to the  great sage Vyasa..We are indebted to this ancient Saint ,who edited the four Vedas,eighteen Puranas ,the Mahabharata and Srimad Bhagavatha.Vyasa eve taught Dattatreya,who is regarded as the Guru of Gurus.
On this day,all spiritual aspirants and worship Vyasa in honour of his divine personage and all disciples perform a puja of their respective spiritual gurudevas.
Our parents are our first gurus.Our world begins with our parents.We have many in our lives who help in moulding and shaping our personalities.We have come across some extra ordinary teachers in our lives.They reach us beyond the call of duty.My parents took care to give us the valuable lessons.Then our teachers,books,nature,sea,birds,animals,friend,the list goes on and on.....Chaturmasam begins today.Every spiritual speaker and devotee worship his Gurudeva and praying to him as God's direct representative on earth soulfully offers him his devotion in the form of flowers,fruits and other offerings.
Today I remember my gurus so fondly,
Gratitude blooms in my heart with respect,
My devotion is my guru dakshina!
Whatever I am today,
I owe to my parents,family and gurus!
The sweet and sour experiences of life.
The nature is my best teacher now.
The deep blue sea,the tiny sparrows,
The fruit laden branches and the flowers
Teach me the values of life!
If I have hurt you,by harsh words,
I must tell you,I am really sorry.
When the moon shines so bright,
And the heart fills with solitude,
I remember each of my Gurus,
Who is a source of inspiration,
And  guides me to walk on the right path.
I learnt by trial and error methods,
Through sunshine and raindrops,
But I am always positive in thinking,
And I do strongly believe,
There is light in the other end of the tunnel!
When Hindus conduct special pujas in the evenings in the temples and at home,everyone chants devotional songs.We have special programme held by North Indians at Ayyappa Temple.
This day is also deep significance for farmers,for it heralds the setting in of rains.Traditionally it is said to be a good time to begin our spiritual lessons.
If I could express my feelings and thoughts fluently,I am grateful to my parents and gurus for that.And for evoking feelings,friends,you have a lion's share.
My Gurus taught me,
''When things go wrong as sometimes will,
When the road you're treading seems all uphill,
Rest if you must,but don't you quit!''
In many parishes in Goa,Grandparent's Day is celebrated on July26,today the feast of St.Anne and St.Joaquim,the parents of Mother Mary.I do wear a ring with the picture of Mother Mary. Special masses and cultural programmes are conducted in different churches.Grandparents are those loving people with silver in their hair and gold in their heart.Grandparents are real treasure.Please make your presence felt and love them.
They relive their young,playful days when they hold their grandchildren in their arms.As they hold the little bundles of joy and armfuls of mischief,their aches and pains are all forgotten.
Friends,
 Life is a mixture of joys and sorrows.Let us learn from our mistakes and bounce back with poistive problem solving approaches.So,your time starts now to get destressed!:)
It's Anu signing off.....
Requesting you to think of your Gurus of life,
Reminding you to keep on praying for Anya's hubby,WIlfred,
Informing you positive thinking bring out wonderful changes.
Thanking your for helping me to learn something new,
And Anu loves you dil se..........
With a warm greeting for a relaxing day,
Please enjoy the full moon tonight!
With this happy note,
                Sasneham,
                         Anu

No comments:

Post a Comment