Thursday, July 1, 2010

THE SOFTEST MELODY IN THE GENTLE BREEZE..................

1st,July 2010
 Thursday
Dear Friends,
July began with showers!Children  wearing raincoats,holding umbrellas of different colours,rush to the nearby schools.There are  two schools in the neighbourhood.I  sit in the sit out watching the students and in the evenings I stand near the gate  and find out their schools and some general news.They are amazed but answer my questions[hope they will not change the route].:)Morning I don't stop them as they are in a hurry.I love recognising the students by their uniforms.
I can hear the school bell so clearly and I get excited.Then the prayer and the principal's short speech.I think of going to the school and addressing the students.:)crazy?nah-I feel like talking to them in large number!Lunch break makes the surroundings so noisy.I can hear the shouts,louder converstaions and the merry making.Principal's instructions-''Students,go to the classes!Nobody should be seen in the ground!''It is an order and the silence prevails.The sound of the bell can be heard after each period
.And the much awaited long bell at 3.30p.m Parents will be rushing to collect their children.I am conditioned to the ringing of these bells.
I love the tinkle of temple bells.A bell is not just a sound making device.It maks holy sound.As we enter a temple we ring the bell  as it awakes the awreness.The bell is used in all poojas invoking the Gods.It produces the auspicious sound,'OM'the universal name of Lord!There should be auspiciousness within and without ,to gain the vision of God,who is all auspiciousness.
Agamaarthamtu devanaam Gamanaarthamtu rakshsaam
Kurve ghantaaravam tatra Devataahvaahna lakshnam.
Means:
I ring this bell indicating  the invocation of divinity ,so that virtuous and noble forces enter[my home and heart];
And the demonic and evil forces from within and without,depart!
We have a huge brass,gold plated beautiful bell hung at the door of the pooja room.Dasavatharan [the ten incarnations of Lord Vishnu] is engraved on the bell.There are small brass bells on the door.When we open the door,all the bells together make the tinkles.It is amazing!
The huge brass bell of the church helps the people to know the time;the workers check time listening to the large sound produced by the village church bell.
I love listening to the tinkle of the bells that are hung around the cattle;the goat,the cows and the oxen.The bells help the cattle to roam freely.They don't run away or wander off without being heard. We can exactly tell where our cattle are.Ting-tang,ting-tang,ting-tang goes the little bell around their neck!They are trotting in the meadows,over the bridgeand near the river banks.Each time they move they make a huge clanging sound!They love to eat the lush green grass in the valley and on the mountains.So nice to hear the sounds!The rhythm change when they jump and run!I can visualise them right now.Bong-bang,bong-bang,bong-bang goes the bell!I want to hear them now.
Gracefully twirling in the breeze, the artistically manufactured windchime soothes my lonely mind with beautiful notes of rhyme and rhythm. The simple but elegant windchime is perfect for the porch.The tinkles are so musical to my ears!The long thin pipes gently rustle with each other  creating a breezy symphony that soothes the soul.Even the slightest breeze strats a gentle symphony.they break the silence of the day and a smile is brought to my face.The movements  produce a relaxing rhythm.The windchime is so beautiful and it  adds to the outside decor.It enhances the beauty of the entrance just by strings and pipes.No matter what the season is,they provide music as the wind blows.It is a sweet treat for your ears!If you don't have one,please hang a windchime of your choice in the garden or in the sit out.A warm hearted way to welcome guests with little soft music!:)It adds colour and beauty of the house.sunlight shines on the siver  pipes as a gentle wind-song fills the air and my mind!The music is a real blessing!The colourful ,celestial  wind chime with little yellow moon,sun and  blue stars  at the bottom looks so pretty.Day or night,the chime is a delight.The windchime casts a magical spell that brightens any ordinary day.I wakeup to the tinkling melodies.
                Cheer up to the tunes of this charming chime.A fairy tale music awaits u and even the dullest day turns brighter.The humming birds  and the tinkling lullabies from the chimes gift me with peaceful day and night.Even the slight breath of breeze become a soft music.Whe strummed by breeze,this chime gives forth a serene song evocative of ancient temple bells.
Friends,
 Don't you want to hear the merry tune?Don't miss the softest song in the gentle breeze.It is lovely to behold and as it is to hear!I am sure you want to experience it now.
In my neighbour's house there is a bell hanging outside at the porch  which serves as the calling bell.I like to pull the string and make sounds.It reminds me the bell of the convent which I used to  pull to call the sister teachers[nuns].It was  in my school convent.
And the cycle bell of the newspaper boy!How eagerly we used to wait to hear that bell.The most welcome guest early in the morning.:)Now the updates are at  the click of the mouse and on the television screen.Still Amma waits for the newspaper so anxiously and gets irritated when I don't read atleast the headlines.:)I will be always busy on pc at that time.
 In villages,the guys used to make repeated sounds to get the attention of the girls walking ahead.This is the best vehicle that finds its way even on the narrow kuchcha  roads.The number of bells may be  a  signal too-two bells;three bells.:)Girls may be waiting for that sound of  bells which is the only music in their lives.
By the way,cycle is the best eco-friendly vehicle and many school going children use it.I love them using the cycles.
The bells of the buses,the offices and that of the ice-cream man!Many more to list!:)
It's Anu signing off.....................
Happy Doctor's Day to Madhav and Meena and to all other doctors of the world!Your service is priceless!I had dedicated a post  in last July to my dear Bro,Meena  and all other doctors.
Requesting you to have a windchime at your porch,
Celebrate life with the breeze and soft music,
Reminding Anu loves you dil se,
Wishing you a beautiful July with bright and beautiful days,
          Sasneham,
                         Anu


No comments:

Post a Comment