Saturday, July 24, 2010

TastyLinks and Madge's Plea for Roll Over Minutes!

Hopewell Furnace Pulleys Copyright Margot Potter 2006

To the person who emailed me about my How To Write and Publish a Craft Book Series...please email me again! You got sent to spam and just as I hit delete I realized you weren't spam! So sorry! Hope you see this message!

The trip to Denver wasn't in my original plans for this summer, we had dates earlier that had to be rescheduled due to issues with the insurance company...so to say I'm feeling the crunch this weekend would be a serious understatement! I am buried!

Here's my 'to do' list:

1. Create and pack 30 step out projects for book photo shoot. Must be done before I leave on Monday.

2. Create a final book variation design, pack and ship out book projects.

3. Create a project with instructions and set teen craft blog post to drip on Wednesday for ILoveToCreate.

4. Plan outfits and pack for CHA (that may mean a new accessory or two...but only if I can find a spare moment!)

5. Plan and sketch a concept for a design for a major craft industry client that is slated for a big PR campaign. I'm already behind on the deadlines because I was away for nine days.

6. Write and set blogs to drip for Wednesday and Thursday. I'll also have Tuesday post, so stay tuned!

7. Finish and fold laundry.

8. Pour myself a glass of wine and exhale.

There were vague hopes of packing and shipping out the variation projects and complimentary books to my contributors for Bead Chic before I left...and those have been dashed on the rocks. I'm hopeful they can wait until I get back home! I really need more hands.

This all leads me to wonder why it must ALWAYS be such a ridiculous convergence of deadlines around here. It's feast or it's snack...there is luckily very little famine around here. If I could just borrow some minutes from the slower weeks on days like today. Maybe I need to speak to the Universe about a roll over minute plan.

Hmmm...

Here's what the craftabulous Crafty Blogger Gang have for your perusal today. "We've got glue guns, and we're not afraid to use them." (tm)

About Family Crafts
Now is the perfect time to get a jump start on your holiday crafting. Discover how you can make a fun and unique holiday gift for everyone on your list this year.

Aileen's Musings
If your anything like Aileen you have a lot of extra embellishments you haven't used. Stop by and see her Altered Embellishment video where Aileen gives you some ideas on altering them to fit your project!

Carmi's Art/Life World
Inspired by an antique find Carmi creates a new piece of wall decor.

Craftside-A behind-the-scenes peek at a crafty world
Craftside's giving away 2 copies of the new book Sew Retro along with a whole bunch of beautiful fabric from the on-line store Sew L.A., a no-pattern tutorial on how to make a triangle tank top, a free Hennya (devil mask) print download, a how-to on drawing an eyeball and wings and our schedule for Make and Takes at CHA Supershow in booth 324.

Crafty Princess Diaries
It's baccckkkk! Tammy is working again on her new jewelry book doing some last minute tweaking before it goes to press.

Eileen - The Artful Crafter
The Artful Crafter's motto is "Helping Crafters to Be". To turn a phrase, today we have "The Artful Crafter – and Cyndi – Helping Crafters to Be-ad".

Margot Potter The Impatient Crafter
Kathy Peterson has a new line of Adirondack chairs and five fabulous designers have been challenged to decorate them!

Mixed Media Artist
Cyndi has 4 books to give away this summer on crafting with tin! Book #2, "Tinwork" is up for grabs this week...come leave you comment and you may win!

No comments:

Post a Comment