Friday, July 9, 2010

Need Good Wishes!

It's a Pile Up in the Nesting Box!

As you know, because I've been whining about it for a while now, my plate seriously overfloweth at the moment. I just finished the core projects for the new book, am working furiously on instructions and variation projects and I have to have it all completed by the end of the day tomorrow. I also have to whip up a teen craft project and finish a large scale project for an upcoming blog hop...by the end of the day tomorrow. And I need to have everything together for my appearances at CHA and the plans for the step outs for the photo shoot in August...by the end of the day tomorrow.

This is my new mantra.

I will have it all completed...by the end of the day tomorrow.

On Sunday, I fly to Denver with my lovely mother. She's coming with me while I get poked, prodded and tested for nine days at National Jewish Hospital. Am I excited about this? Well...yes of course I'm excited to be going to the world's best lung center! I'm not so excited about the litany of tests I will be having as well as having to stop taking the medicines that make it possible for me to sorta breathe every day. I am filled with a potent mix of excitement and dread. For those of you who have not gotten the memo, I have suffered with chronic unresponsive severe asthma since I got pregnant with my daughter thirteen years ago. The normal asthma protocol does not work for me and we've exhausted local medical options, so I'm going to a hospital that specializes in 'difficult asthmatics.' I'm an overachiever, what can I say? It's a serious condition, people die from asthma every day. I don't choose to give it power over me. I will get my breath back. Take that, asthma.

There is another thing going on I keep eluding to here. It's a big, horrible, messy thing. It's a situation where I should, by all logical counts, be celebrating a wonderful new opportunity that is tailored made for my unique skills and instead it's turned into a huge mess. I have tried to approach things diplomatically, but so far that's not working out. The whole thing is so absurd that we're all scratching our heads in disbelief. That is when I'm not crying or cursing or feeling like running away and joining the circus.

Soooooo...I've been stressed out. My entire family is stressed out. Everything is up in the air and it's been terrifically unsettling. The only upside is this big messy thing is so overwhelming, it's kept me from thinking too hard about the medical testing! Any prayers, well wishes, good thoughts or happy little clouds you might have to spare would be welcome.

I will be posting my weekly links tomorrow and a Teen Craft project while I'm away. If I have time, I'll try to pop in and say hey, howdy hey, but I don't know if that will be possible. So please chat amongst yourselves until I'm back in the blog saddle again.

Love
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment