Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Wednesday and Crafting Again...

With St. Patty's Day coming, I decided to add a little green to the post tonight. She's magically delicious. Does anyone remember who said this line? "They're magically delicious." Anyone? Anyone? Now you should all get that. I want to see answers in your comments.


I made this spoon for a very special lady. She is Irish and lives in Maryland. I had so much fun with this spoon. I printed a picture that had the green in it, glued it on the spoon, let that dry. Then I added a layer of glittered Mod Podge. Let it dry. On this one, I even brushed the spoon handle with the glitter Mod Podge. It sparkles and looks so pretty. On the end of the spoon their were 4 cuts made into it, so I wove the ribbon in and out, thus making it easy to hang in the back, and after tieing the ribbon I wired on a little silver heart with red jewels. As a last addition I took a little row of beads and glued them around the edge of the spoon, thus framing the picture. I loved how it turned out. Sweetie your package is going in the mail on Friday, my day off. (BFF)



On this one, I added a little bird nest on the end of the spoon. I hot glued it in place, and then hot glued 3 little bird eggs in the nest. The Daddy bird is guarding the nest, and the Moma bird is at the end of the spoon (she is the smaller bird). I then cut a thin strip of burlap, looped it, hot glued it to the back of the spoon, thus giving it a hanger to hang it on the wall, or lay it on the table and appears to be a decorative bow. This was simple, and how devine. Loved it...




As always thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert, that I so love to call home. Country hugs and love...

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment