Friday, March 26, 2010

Pink Update For Pink Saturday...







Good morning "Pinkies" Welcome to my Pink Saturday post. As always, please thank the beautiful Ms Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for organizing and hosting this fabulous event, each and every Saturday. Please remember to go and check out her blog, and see the complete list of Pink Saturday "Pinkie" participants, and take the time to go and visit some of them. You will find the pinkest of "Pinkies" right here at Pink Saturday.



 



Last Pink Saturday I introduced you to a beautiful angel named Colette. She is battling breast and bone cancer. I put out a request to send cards to Colette and let her know that she is not alone. (See the little fairy below, talking to the birds to spread the word, that is us ladies.) Once again we have united together and made a difference. Colette does not have a blog, so I am posting a message below from her, to each of you.










Hello everyone! I just wanted to give an update. Yesterday at chemo I found out I have another tumor on my spine. It is on the T5. Hopefully, the last 6 weeks of chemo will take care of it. Chemotherapy was a little rough yesterday, but all in all I'm doing well. God is with me and so are all of my wonderful cards and gifts I received this past week from all of you beautiful blogger women.

Such big hearts, Ladies, I have been blessed more since my diagnosis of cancer than in my whole life. I received 25 cards this week! And, they all seemed to arrive after I was feeling sorry for myself or was regretting things in my past. All of you are keeping me going. You are all my strength! I have no other way to describe it. Total strangers banding together for another human being.

This is what God intended for us. Luke 6:38 says "Give, and it will be given to you". You all have wonderful blessings heading your way. It feels good to cry happy tears for a change. My love and sincere thanks to your kind hearts. You have made a difference in my life.










If any of you missed my last Saturday post, and need Colette's address to send out a card, please email me and I will get that right out to you. Colette sweetie, please rest and focus on getting well. Love ya sweetie.









Now pinkies, I have been trying to think of something that we could do to show Colette what each of our blogs are all about. If you would like to participate, here is what I want to do. Make a hang tag that represents your blog with a get well wish for Colette. If you mail them to me, I am going to put together a scrap book of all of them and mail it to her. She has very little space in her small house, but I thought a book would be so nice to lay and look at. She could connect each of us to our blogs. I am going to purchase a nice scrapbook, but any left over scrapbook material that you might want to donate would be greatly appreciated. I would like to add embellishments to each page. Please email me for my address and let's get this scrapbook together to cheer up our friend, and get her "In The Pink."










As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert that I so love to call home. Country hugs and much love...





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment