Sunday, March 7, 2010

Teddy Bear - Teddy Bear



Teddy bear, teddy bear,

Touch the ground,

Teddy bear, teddy bear,

Turn around,

Teddy bear, teddy bear,

Walk upstairs,

Teddy bear, teddy bear,

Say your prayers,

Teddy bear, teddy bear,

Turn down the light,

Teddy bear, teddy bear,

Say good night.




When I started first grade, my first playmate was a little pony tailed girl by the name of Debbie Guffey. She had bright red hair, and freckles and she giggled just like me. Daddy used to call us "Giggle Boxes" whenever we would play together. She lived not far from my house, and the two of us were inseperable. We jumped rope every day on the playground. We always grabbed one rope, because we shared everything. She was my best friend, and we were going to grow up, and get married, and have lots of kids, and live right next door to each other, so we could jump rope (what else ofcourse) every day, all day. Yep, that is what we were going to do. We had it all planned out. One day, her Daddy got a new job and they moved a long way away. I don't even remember where, just that they took my best friend away. I've often wonder what happened to her, and if she ever thought of me as the years passed, as I have so often thought of her?


Today as the rain fell I was thinking about the good ole days when I was a kid. We played Old Maid, Checkers, Hi-Ho Cherry-O and Slap Jack. Do you all remember those games? They were fun for us. Heck I liked playing Kick the Can. We entertained ourselves throwing a ball over the house from the front to the back yard. We played Red Rover, and we played on our swing sets and dreamed of being so many people and so many things. We actually used our imaginations.



Yeah today was a day for remembering. Wasn't life easy when we were kids? I wonder if it will be that easy someday when I retire? I sure hope so, but I gotta tell you I don't think my feet will take any jumping rope or Red Rover games. Maybe a game of 4 square?

I pray you all had a wonderful weekend. Tomorrow it's back to work. Have a great Monday my friends. Thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert, that I so love to call home. Country hugs and love...

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment