Saturday, March 20, 2010

TastyLinks Saturday and New PR Photos!

Video Shoot Segment with Cheer Bows (This pic is just for fun)

My High Fashion Editor Look...Don't Even Think About Messing with Me!
 Retrofabulosity
 Retrofabulosity Take Two
Fab New Limon Dress from H&M
New and Improved Studio Madge

We had a great shoot yesterday, though I have to admit that in retrospect I wish I'd have been ahead of the curve more so I could have had a little more fun. Having this first set under my belt means I know what to expect next round and I can make better plans. The videos we shoot ourselves are totally fly by the seat of your panties affairs. I make everything once and we show the seams. The videos that we shot yesterday have to be shot in distance and in close up, which I didn't realize until the videographer got here. Oops. That meant I had to figure out how to shoot it all twice with the supplies I had on hand. Nothing like thinking on the fly! Hopefully it turned out well and as soon as these go live, I'll fill you in on the details. I'm really excited!

Here are some shots of me in the new and improved studio we took after the shoot. I'm always looking for new PR photos, because I keep getting older dammit.  The studio is currently neat, but that will change. As soon as I get into a new book or get a big freelance gig, the glitter starts to fly. I'm going to do my best to keep the scene clean though, because it keeps my mind clear and helps me focus.  Let me know which shots you think work best for PR purposes!  Please!  Disregard the first shot, that's just for fun!

We're having a taste of spring this week and it's gorgeous outside. So before the pollen goes into overdrive, I'm going to get out there and enjoy it with my lovely family. I hope you have a lovely weekend too.

xoxo
Madge

My friends from ArtGirlz are selling their craft business.  If you're interested in finding out more information, you can contact them at:

Did you know that my pal Brini Maxwell has started a simply fabulous blog?  Check out this post showing you how to make lovely embroidered fabric napkins.  So chic!

Here's what's happening with the Crafty Bloggers this week:

About Family Crafts
Celebrate spring with Sherri and these fun craft projects!

Cathie Filian
Check out Cathie's silk screen projects for Better Homes and Gardens. She has something for everyone.

Craftside-A behind-the-scenes peek at a crafty world
This week at Craftside there is a fun Steampunk style socket set bracelet, how to repurpose a canvas tote with applique and make faux patches, a peek into some cool art from the book Digital Illustration, a hot water bottle gets Re-Bound and a how to and tips on vampire drawing.

Crafty Princess Diaries
The Crafty Princess has done some house cleaning, at least she's been cleaning up her blog that is.

Farm Girl Roots, City Girl Style
Looking for an easy way to paint coloring-book art on the walls in a kid's room? Linda walks you through how she did it.

Margot Potter The Impatient Crafter
Where do you find inspiration? Madge wants to know! Share her process from inspiration to design in this inspired post!

Mixed Media Artist
See how you can achieve the look of a hand-tinted print with Photoshop!

Stefanie Girard's Sweater Surgery
How to make recycled plastic bunny ears inspired by the techniques in the book Upcycled Accessories

The Artful Crafter
Have you seen Xyron’s Creatopia? Prepare to be amazed by the baby booties going through a Creatopia in the video!  

No comments:

Post a Comment