Saturday, March 20, 2010

TO MY BELOVED SPARROWS..............


ON THE WORLD HOUSE SPARROW DAY.....
20th,Saturday,2010

6p.m

Dear Friends,

Good Evening!

I love Saturday evenings and Sunday awaits with a bright and beautiful morning!The only holiday I enjoy other than second saturday.Last week was too hectic as the workload was too much.Right now feeling light and better as the work is almost done.

As my days begin with the chirping of sparrows that stay in my window panes and balcony corners,they make a major part of my life.Their cheep-cheep wake me up.Working in the kitchen is exciting only because of these cute little birds.I talk and they respond.Watching the sparrows is fun.They love pecking the grains/cerelas from the roof top.I feed them twice.They are often hungry and unless I feed them,they chirp loudly.The crows and pigeons too join them.Sparrows are many.They sit on the cable wire and swing.Whatever I share with them will never pass on!:)And I do have the relief that they know my untold life experiences.What a relief!


We see the sparrows often in crowded places.They love human company.Birds,animals and flowers are our best friends.They are forever,no separations,good byes or impatiently waitings.It is really sad that sparrows are disappearing from many places.To create awareness, a few NGOs have teamed up to mark the first World House Sparrows Day,today.Let's do our share for getting sparrows back into our lives.
Friends,

Sparrows are the lovely creations of God.

The cute small and chirpy birds,

Win our hearts and be our friends.

They are drab brown or grey creatures.

In Hindi speaking areas,

Sparrows are called as goraiya

They are known as 'kuruvi' in Tamil and Malayalam.

It is known as'pichhuka' in Telugu,

And in Kannada,'gubbachchi'.

The Gujaratis call it,'chakli',

Whereas the maharashtrians call it,'Chimani'.

It is known as 'chiri'in Punjab,

And 'gharachatia' in Orissa.

If you have a little space,make a small garden.

Pots with straw can be hung as nesting sites.

Let's say no to pesticides in our homes,

Learn to live eco friendly.

Please sprinkle some grains or bread crumbs,

In the courtyard or balcony or roof top,

Set up a bowl of water,they love water.

Search for the roosting spots and

Take out your binoculars and watch them close,

It's really amazing to watch the chicks,

The feeding of baby sparrows arouse interest.

The upbringing is done by both male and female birds,

And this is a special feature of sparrows.

Earthen pots can be put in open spaces

Inviting sparrows to come and stay.

Plan an outing and do watch the birds!

Sparrows love safer places to build nests.

They are our feathered neighbours,

See that they never leave us and go.

In the old markets sparrows were many,

Pecking on the grains and food waste.

Urbanisation has done away with home gardens;

Which had worms and insects for the sparrows.

The tribals like sauras and Warli have incorporated

These small cute birds in their paintings!

Famous poems are written by poets like,

Subramanya Bharati in Tamil.

The popular novel,Goraiya in Hindi,

Written by Smt.Mahadevi Verma,

Makes one wish that sparrows should

Be back to us to enrich our urban lives.

Friends,please start loving,

The little cute birdies!:)

Sparrows have been enlisted in the most endangered species of birds.The celebration of the day is not for just one day,but it is to develop awareness and to bring the like minded people in a common platform.The most recent reason for the disappearance is the mobile phone towers.The waves from the tower are capable of destroying the life in the eggs.Thereby they are incapable of hatching.

Friends,

In last June when I came back after the summer holidays,I felt so lonely as none of the sparrows were in the nests on the kitchen window pane.I felt miserable and wrote a post Where Have You Gone?Later,they did come back bringing back the sounds and laughter in my face.

This is the second post I am dedicating to my feathered neighbours.

Tomorrow 21st,Sunday is Anya,my friend's Brthday.All the Best Wishes,dear!May God Bless you!Many Many Hapy Returns Of The Day!

22nd,March is my Kishen's Happy Birthday!Wishing You A Wonderful Day and A Big God Bless You!Many ManyHappy Returns Of The Day!I Love You Dearest!May Your Dreams Come True!

It's Anu signing off........

Before going to sleep,I just want to make sure my sparrows have a goodnight's sleep,

I want to tell them how much I love them,

I want to make them feel,my days are brighter due to their presence.:)

Wishing you all a beautiful and relaxing Sunday,

Requesting you to love all animals and birds,

Reminding you not to ask personal questions,please

Anu loves you so dearly ,

Sound sleep and sweet dreams!

Sasneham,

Anu

No comments:

Post a Comment