Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Steel Toed Boots

The Uniquely Wonderful Ms. Carmen Miranda

Confidence is sexy.

When I was younger I felt awkward, unattractive, weird...and though I have always danced to my own drum circle...it took me until I turned 40 to fully appreciate why that made me uniquely wonderful. It's tough when you're the subject of ridicule to stand strong in who you are, but if you keep believing in yourself, one day you'll find just the right pair of steel toed boots. Then let anyone even try to make you feel bad, because let's face it, they're insecure and that is entirely their problem.

I am not threatened by the unique wonderfulness of anyone else because no one else will ever be able to do what I do the way that I do it nor will I ever be able to do what they do the way that they do it. The same holds true for you, you are uniquely wonderful. The more we embrace that, the happier we all become.

So here's my advice for what it's worth, don't ever let anyone make you feel small. Don't let those nagging feelings of self doubt stop you from asking for what you deserve. Be willing to fight for it. Nothing...no amount of money...no amount of prestige...no contract, job, book, article, accolade...no relationship...is worth selling yourself short. People will bank on your insecurity preventing you from standing strong, prove them wrong.

You are uniquely wonderful and you deserve to be celebrated. Keep saying that until you believe it and believe me, everything in your life will shift.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” Marianne Williamson

Love
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment