Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Swing Hangs Childless...







The swing hangs childless.

No movement.

No loud laughter.

No double dares.





The kids have gone back to school.

Their loyal friends left behind

And wandering why oh why?





Mom's catching up with best friends. 

Laughter is such great medicine.
No hurries...


No worries...





Summer has gone to sleep. 

Fall has awoke with little peeps.

Soon the trees will be bare.
And pumpkins will begin to stare.







The squirrels are preparing for Winter.

Gathering for the long days ahead.

The days when there is nothing to gather,

yes, those are the days that they dread.







So when you find yourself with some time to spare;

Please pop on by, I've got tea, and I'll share.

No reason to call, surprise me I say;

There's always some time for a friend, any day.









As always, thank you for stopping by,

my little piece of heaven,

here in the desert, 

that I so love to call home.

Country hugs and much love,








post signature













No comments:

Post a Comment