Thursday, September 2, 2010

ENTE KANNA.................................

Ist September,2010
Wednesday


Dear Friends,

Good Evening from Thrissur!

Happy Janmashtami!Today is the joyful celebration of Lord Krishna's birth.Major celebrations take place at midnight as Lord Krishna is said to have born at this hour.This is the time to spread the glory of Lord Krishna.

Morning we went to Thiruvamdai Temple and it was an exciting and unforgettable experience.The temple was decorated with orange and yellow marigold strands with strands of green leaves in between.The small orange coloured coconuts and plantain bunches were hung beautifully.A wonderful pookalam was done at the center of the Nada in nalamabalam.An elephant was standing outside with the mayhout on its top.As I was inside,I could not find out the name of the elephant.:)Later there was sheeveli with five elephants.

Nadaswaram was going on and it reminded me of marriage rituals and the bride and bridegroom.Live bhajans were going on.Tender coconuts[chethenga] and bunches of plaintains were hung for decoration.The whole atmosphere filled my mind with positive energy.sandalwood paste was given on plaintain leaf with tulsi leaves and lotus petals,by the priest.

Krishna was so adorable and looked so cute.Kannan was adorned with gold jewellery and floral garlands.Garlands were strung with thechi flowers and tulsi leaves.These are very special for Kannan.Lamps of various sizes were lit up.There was a huge crowd.

Devotees dressed in traditional attire stood in the queue patiently.Devotees will go to temples today to have darshan of Lord Krishna.Looking at Kannan,I felt as if the Lord Himself has condescended on earth to bless each and everyone.
Ente Kanna,I feel nice and really good,

Whenevr I am with you.

I get recharged and feel happy.

Kanna,you know I stopped asking you questions;

When you refused to answer me

When the storm uprooted me.

But I do often feel like asking you many questions

So that I get relieved.

You have made me strong with the passing days.

I surrender,my beloved at your Lotus Feet,

My pains and pleasures are your gift;

When heart aches,your melodious raga reaches me.

You know Kanna,right from childhood,


We are your ardent devotees.

We wake up having your darshan,

Praying,''Om Namo Bhgavathe Vasudeva!''

Achan always taught to chant the divine mantra

And Amma instilled the pure devotion in our minds.

I fondly remember the stories Achamma narrated.

I always admired your naughty nature.

Kanna,why do people behave strangely

Why are the freinds so selfish at times


And leaving us without a single word?
Without having any sound reasons?

But then it is always better to be away from the bondage

That has become a nightmare.

You are with me always as an invisible companion,

My ignorance and thoughtless actions;



Taught me valuable lessons.

I am grateful to you ,Kanna,

You are my strength and source of inspiration!
Friends,
   Wishing you a Happy Janamashtmai,
   Praying for your peace and prosperity,
   It is Anu signing off.........
                        Requesting you to instil the religious and cultural values in young minds,
                        Hoping to build sincere and honest relations,
                        Reminding you Anu loves you dil se,
                        Promising a better and healthier bond,
                                                      Sasneham,
                                                          Anu


No comments:

Post a Comment