Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Chick Bucket For Easter...


This past Fall I bought 4 paintbuckets at Lowe's to decorate and play with. Well when I opened my craft closet last night I saw the paintbuckets and decided to do something with at least one of them. I covered the paintbucket in burlap. I cut a 6 x 6 piece of muslin with my pinking shears, then took some embroidery thread sewing around the edge, so it would appear sewed on. I took a chicken wire stamp and stamped the muslin. Then I embroidered two chick feet for the chick, just placed the feet about where I wanted the chick to be on the bucket.


I then cut a chick from yellow felt (stitching around the edges of the chick to give it a sewed look), cut a fabric wing (I also stitched around the edge of it) and a beak and glued them onto the muslin. I glued a button at each corner to give it a little country look. Then I took the letters EASTER and inked them, and glued them down the side of the bucket. I also took a piece of ribbon and glued it around the top and the bottom of the bucket.


For now I filled it with some filler and added some eggs and one of my chocolate bunnies, also sitting one to each side of the bucket. My intention was to fill it with flowers, so I will be looking. It may be gracing my front porch chair to welcome guests, and then again, I have 3 more buckets so who knows?


This was a fun project. Didn't take a really long time. I love it, and wanted to share it with each of you. As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert that I so love to call home. Country hugs,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment