Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's Not All About Me...Today

It's not all about me today. Insert jubilant crowd noises here!

Today is Miss Avalon's most auspicious 12th birthday!  Let the festivities begin!  She loved her wrist corsage and immediately put it on and wore it to school today with her Beatles t-shirt.  Here she is doing her best pouty super model pose.  I love my kid.  Isn't she adorable?


I wanted to give a bloggy shout out to my good friend Ronda Hillis of HHH Enterprises.  She has created a stunning book on resin memory jewelry.  You can get a copy at their website and I can guarantee you'll be glad you did. If you've been bedeviled by resin, Ronda has tons of tips and tricks for success.  She's an exceptionally talented designer and one of the nicest women I know.  I'm a big fan of the Hillis family.  They are really good people and they sell really extraodinary products.  They gave me a box full of frames for my make it/take its at CHA and everyone loved them, big thanks to Joe Hatcher for shipping those out to me at the last moment!
Stacy McQueen a.k.a. The Craft Whore debuted this week in the insanely hilarious web show Pretty.  She plays a 5 year old pageant girl in this Steve Silverman created mockumentary that exposes and pokes fun at the weird world of children's beauty pageants.  It's positively brilliant and Stacy is fabulous.  If you like to laugh...and really who doesn't?!...you have to go check it out.  Plus if you've not yet seen Stacy's craft videos, you've been missing out big time. 

Cheers,
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment