Friday, February 5, 2010

CAN YOU TELL ME A STORY TONIGHT?





























5th,February,2010
Friday
8p.m
Dear Friends,

Good Evening!
The day was hectic;with office work and thereafter an important meeting to attend.As soon as the meeting started,everyone kept their mobiles on the table.I was observing the mobiles,carefully;either balck or white and black.I was happy,mine is red,the bright and beautiful.:)this is the way I entertain myself.the chairman is really impressive;he spoke in very good English and Hindi.[good personality too]:)I was just passing the time.eventhough I was tired,I enjoyed his talk.the coffee served was lovely.[after my Chennai trip,I could taste the real coffee].
When I leave my job or when I retire,I would love taking up the service of story telling.with proper voice modulation,right gesture,facial expressions,I want to make the audience feel the magic of the theme.how'z that?:)







In my childhood we were around Achamma [Father's mother]at bedtime for the stories that created anxiety and wonder in young minds.I can still retell those stories of the prince and princess,nagamanikyam[the precious stone on the snake's hood] and the religious stories.we used to spend the long holidays of summer in my Achan's[Father's] house.that was teh time we were getting closer to the enviornment-teh fields,the rivers,the sea and the flowers.It's a beautiful village called Andathode in Trichur district.







Then it was my valiyamma[Amma's elder sister]who used to take us to the amazing world of stories.I remember those attractive narrations so well.


Then it became my habit of telling the film stories to Amma.I used to narrate even teh dialogues.:)I used to feel guilty enjoying the movies with cousins.Amma was always busy with school work.
Even now when I get a mike,or when I am in a group,I make it a point to narrate stories or happenings that others don't know.:)

It's getting late in the night;
Don't turn off the lights.
Today I'm getting scared.
Don't leave me alone.
The fearsome stories of the movies haunt me;
I used to like horror movies a lot.
The characters seem to come alive,
As soon as the light is switched off.
Someone may be hiding under the bed,
I have read something like this in newspaper;
Someone may come and snatch my dreams;
I refuse to fall asleep.
Right now, I need attention and crave for affection,
I will keep a small light lit at night,
Like the old lanthern we had in our ancestoral house.
Please come to me and tell a lovely story;
The story of the prince charming,
Coming on the white and tall horse,
Let him come from hills or forest or across the seas,
But let him reach the destination;
The story should have a happy ending,
I need a smile on my face when I sleep;
The prince should reach the princess;
She is waiting near the sea shore;
Looking at the amazing nature's wonder.
Her mind is so imaginative by nature.
And she has already painted her derams.
Do you have the time to tell me this story?
I will look into your eyes with wonder,
And please let me have a godnight's sleep!
It will be an unforgettable experience !
Friends,
we must develop the hobby of story telling.call back your little ones from the television and computer.there is a lot to tell them and make them aware.then let them have the feast for their eyes on the small screen.they will be able to relate very well.
It's Anu signing off.........
koyal kook rahthi,
sabse kahthi meetha bolo.............
Just from today please use words that are sweet.you will be blessed my dearies and I know all of you are blessed.
Reminding you Anu loves you dilse,
Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
Sasneham,
Anu














No comments:

Post a Comment