Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Peered Into The Ivy For A Second Time...

All I could think about today was the beautiful fairy that I found sleeping. I wondered if she would still be there when I got home tonight. I slowly and carefully tiptoed back to the garden, trying not to disturb a thing along my path. I walked quietly on the stepping stones, retracing the path I had chosen just the day before. The fountain was streaming over the rocks and had such a peaceful sound playing it along. It has been music to my hears since the day DH put it into the garden. I would lay on my blanket in the cool green grass, close my eyes and travel to another world. When I arrived at the ivy vines, I quietly knelt down, being careful not to disturb, but once again opening the curtain vine to peer inside. When I did, I could not believe me eyes. There before me:



Huddled back in the corner, was a Moma Fairy and her Wee Baby Boy. She told me her name was Mary and her baby boy was to be called Don. She told me I have a whole village hidden amongst my garden and that they have watched me toil and lovingly nourish this garden for two years now. They are to stay here for now, as it has proven to be a safe place, and a very nourishing place to call home. My vines have gotten so large that they make a wonderful place for the families to live. She invited me to step in.




Oh my goodness gracious. I heard so many names, and so much laughter. They are the most wonderful family. I tried to stay in the middle so as not to step on anyone. They are so small, but they tell me they are very strong, very fast, and can be forceful if they are pushed to extremes. Apparently the neighbors cat has been giving them quite a time. Chasing the little ones, and stepping on their mushrooms time and time again. It has been quite stressful for them all. I have promised to do better at keeping the neighbors cat out of the garden, but they tell me it is not a problem now they have called on Fluffy to protect them. I hear a cat meow, and turn to see Fluffy chasing a butterfly not far from me. Fluffy will keep the neighbors cat away from my family of fairies. Just look at her:


They tell me her story will wait for another day. Before I leave, I remembered about each of you asking me about the snow you are having and how you will never have a fairy until Spring. Think again ladies. My fairy family tells me there are several of you that have fairies right now, you aren't looking deep enough. Here are a couple of their pictures:




Snow lives amongst you right now. Is she not beautiful? She hides on porches in your pots and near your tree bases. She lives mainly in the city. She has visited many picture windows, street lights, and car windows, you know when you thought you have seen a little flicker of light? Well you did, it was her stopping by to say hi.



Winter lives mainly near the countryside. She loves the birds. If you see birds flying around your yard, then Winter is not far away. Sometimes the owls and hawks carry her from place to place when she is to weary to fly anymore. She loves the barns, your hen houses and so many other little bird nests and homes around you. Those little specks of light in the night when you have peered out the window, it was her you saw peering in. Just look with your eyes, and listen with your heart.

I close for tonight, and tomorrow they promise to share again. I hated to come in from the yard. Oh my goodness what a wonderful world there is beneath the vines of my garden. I wished them all good-night and headed quietly for the house. The wee ones were already sleeping with their little wings quiet for the night. I will be back tomorrow sweet friends. Nighty-night.


As always thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert that I so love to call home. Country hugs and love...


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment