Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Vast and Powerful Internet

(I love the Jean Patou dress on the left in this picture...I would sport that in a heartbeat!)

I am endlessly amazed by the power of the internet. Today I was reviewing my blog stats and on the first two pages of visitors I had folks from the following countries:

USA
Egypt
UK
Japan
Bulgaria
Ireland
Ukraine
Germany
Switzerland
Sweden
France
Italy
Russian Federation
Australia
New Zealand
India
Turkey
Hungary
Canada

That's just the first two pages of stats!

What's amazing to me is that you can sit at your computer and upload a few pictures and thoughts and post them online and they can reach around the world to people you will never meet. Yet somehow, your thoughts and your work have touched them. It's like sending out little crafty messages in bottles and watching them wash ashore. 

So to all of my readers near and far, I want to say, "Thank you." 

We're in the middle of a blizzard here in my little corner of the world, already buried under at least a foot of snow, we may have almost two more when it's over. I know I've mentioned this before, but I shall repeat that I do not like being cold, I do not like snow and I'm not a fan of winter. I'm feeling the suffocating weight of the winter blues and reminding myself with regularity that spring will come again as it always does. The birds have already started returning and their sweet songs are the harbingers of warmer days that are just around the proverbial corner. 

Think warm thoughts, Madge..

I wonder, gentle reader, what is it like where you are? Is it cold? Is it warm? Is it sunny or rainy or snowy? I'd love to know! Please leave a comment and tell me.

Warmest regards,
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment