Thursday, August 13, 2009

CELEBRATING AMBADI KANNAN'S BIRTHDAY......








































GOKULASHTAMI ,A DAY TO REJOICE!


13th night,august,2009





Dear Friends,


good evening...once again we are blessed with rains.the atmosphere is cool.i'm really feeling nice.The festival of Gokulashtami, also known as Janmashtami is celebrated with religious fervour,gaiety and enthusiasm on Thursday and Friday-13th and 14th august.Janmashtami is one of the most important festivals of hindus and it falls on the eighth day of [Ashtami tithi] of the dark [krishna Paksha]of the Shravan month.in north india it is Janmashtami,in south india it is Krishnashtami,in Maharashtra as Dahi Handi and the land of sand and beaches as Gokulashtami.
My blog template of Yeshoda Ma and Kannan is the most auspicious image that gives me a soothing and cheerful feeling.many of my friends have appreciated the template.Ambadi Kannan graces the writing skill.
Any festival connected with Kannan makes me excited and whole heartedly i join the celebrations.our childhood was rich with the basic lessons of our culture and the bed time stories of Kannan.the stories filled our minds with ecstacy.each and every story is engraved in our minds for ever. the visits to Guruvayoor temple rebuilt the strong belief in Kannan.each time crying our heart out we pray to Kannan.mind becomes peaceful and light.the experiences are beyond explanations.



When again Janmashtami celebrations are all over the country,
When the night is dark and the sky is cloudy
I feel lonely and long to be with you,Kannan.
I want to be Yeshoda,Devaki n Kurooramma,
I want to run after the naughty Kannan,
And to chase and reach my little Kanha,
To fondle and cuddle and pamper my little one,
To bathe him and feed him with butter,
To kiss on his butter smelling lips,
I want to hold my Kannan to my bosom,
And to sing the melodious lullabies,
Putting him to sleep with a smile.
Where is that beautiful world,my dear,
Is it only a dream world for ever?
You know,Kannan,i had come to u in tears,
I wanted to ask you the question,
It never came out,but got choked in my throat,
Till often it comes from the depth of my heart,
I wash it away with my silent tears.
Even today when we are rejoicing and praying,
You know Kannan ,how restless i'm;
To have that peacock feather from you,
Since childhood i had always dreamt;
My beloved,my soulmate and my little one,
I don't know in which form i adore you the most!
All of us,my parents ,my little star,kishen,nanda n maza,
All my siblings and their family members,
Seeking your blessings always for a peaceful future,
Kannan,i surrender and nothing else can i do.
Being grateful for all the blessings,
That you have showered so generously.
Still,why Kanna,why things happened this way?
Why certain questions are unanswerable?
My Lord,you know,we should be humble;
And we should be close to you;
Touching my head at your lotus feet,My Lord,

Let me do pranam to you!

Vishnu took various incarnations to protect the mortal world from evil.in his eighth incarnation he was born as the son of Vasudeva and Devaki.Gokulashtami celebrates the birth anniversary of Lord Krishna,whp was born to to bring an end to the rule of his maternal uncle Kamsa.Rituals call for a fast on the day before [Saptami thithi] followed by a noght long vigil to commemorate teh birth of Krisna at midnight and his immediate removal by hi sfather Vasudeva to aoster home for safe keeping.at midnight the deity of infant Krishna is bathed,placed in a cradle and worshipped.the twenty four fast is then broken after offerning prayers and Naivedya[prasadam] to Kannan.Dahi pohe is the favourite dish and therefore still it is offered.
Kirtan performances are held in temples,bells are rung,conches are blown and the whole atmosphere is full of gaiety and happiness.a pot of clay is filled with curds and positioned at a height.people form human pyramids to reach the pot.the objective is to break the pot of curds.this symbolises achievement through unity.the youth who participte in the dahi handi are called govindas.they forget everything and get cheered by the crowd.
Krishna Krishna Mukunda Janardana...........,
Krishna GovondaNarayana Hare........................

Friends,when it is just minutes to go before midnight,i remind you,prayer gives strength to our minds.take time to pray in the morning and in the evening.at twilight when the lamp is lighted,let us chant,''deepam'' loudly and be busy with the sandhya vandanam.
i'm happy to say,because of the pious atmosphere we have been brought up,we are strongly religious and iam very proud of that.and without Kanna's love and blessings our lives will be a total zero.thanks a lot my dearest parents for instilling the love and devotion in our minds towards Kannan.
it's anu signing off..........anu loves you all.

most of amma's poems are based on the love for KRISHNA.we have a cute white krishna with us,bought from guruvayoor.we keep this smiling Kanha for vishu kani.statues of krishnas are the morning kani,in achan's house and in our house.for achan it was a must. achan always wanted to open his eyes to the photo of LORD GURUVAYORAPPAN.Amma does the same and we follow.

thanks a a lot to my blogger guru for encouraging me to write a post on Janmashtami and as usual to my dear friend for all moral support.i remember surya,my blogger friend who has written thousands of poem on Krishnan.hats off to you,surya.really wonderful poems,well written.
wishing you the best and happy moments forever with the blessings of Ambadi Kannan,and be in high spirits,it is Kanna's birthday........................

sasneham,

anu

No comments:

Post a Comment