Thursday, August 13, 2009

Black Forest Necklace for Art Beads

Black Forest Necklace copyright 2009 Margot Potter
(Click on images to view in detail)

The fine folks from Art Beads asked me to select some CRYSTALLIZED-Swarovski Elements from their website recently for review. I have been working with the Create Your Style initiative since my first book and last year had the distinction of being named a Create Your Style with CRYSTALLIZED-Swarovski Elements Ambassador. So to say I love crystal...would be a vast understatement! I had a darker, moodier design in mind so I used olivine, tanzanite and black diamond as my color palette with gun metal and anodized steel accents.

The new aquiline bead is such an interesting shape, I envisioned a vine with some funky shaped fruit dangling off of it. The center rock pendant is another new shape I'm loving, notice if you can that it has both frosted and sparkling elements. I added a pop of purple featuring the newly launced xilion cut in 6mm in tanzanite, but since they seem to be sold out, you can opt for the 5301 in the same color.

Beads this gorgeous don't need a lot of gee gaws and doo dads, so I made a straightforward and simply striking design. I call this Black Forest.

Maybe I can find a home for it in a bead magazine...I'll keep you posted!

Cheers,
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment